Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you take it down?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
I posted on Facebook today, my own personal page about a kid outside who was calling my kids a name...my kids ignored the kid, but the kid kept yelling it at them so u said you need to stop calling them that right now and told the kid to knock it off.

Anyway, I said these are the neighbors we get to deal with, then the story....I absolutely did not say names, addresses, etc...and there were 5 other kids outside playing too.

But one of the kids parents felt like knocking on my door to take down my face book post because it's all over Facebook, haha, no its not, and that someone called the kid a turd, it was a friend of mine that said that.

Well....I didn't take it down on principle...I didn't name their names, and it could've been any of the other kids, also because it was on my page not on like a community page or anything like that. Wwyd?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
What would i do??? Well for starters i wouldnt be acting like an immature douche on facebook.

Seriously, grow up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:14 PM
I'm trying to keep documents of these incidents so that maybe we can break our lease and move! But u need a paper trail of that first.

Quoting Anonymous:

well i wouldnt have posted something like that in the first place but no, no one has the right to tell you what you can post on your page.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Facebook is not the place for a paper trail. Grow up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:18 PM
It was silly to put that on Facebook to begin with. Why? I don't have Facebook so I don't understand the compulsion to update everyone on such tiny things...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:18 PM
So you'd let a kid call your kids who were playing in their own yard butt holes? I think not...this is the least worst thing these kids have done...another boy called my kids name she turned around and he threw a pine cone right in her eye...

My other neighbors daughter keeps making up stories to get my daughter in trouble the dad keeps coming over and I'm like dude I was sitting right there that didn't happen! I'm always sitting outside when my kids are and these other kids parents never ever ever are! And I have other neighbors to back me up on that. I'm trying to keep documents so we can hopefully break our lease and move.

I'm not stupid enough to think my kids don't act wrong, but my kids are seriously saints compared to the other neighbor kids around here.

Quoting Anonymous: What would i do??? Well for starters i wouldnt be acting like an immature douche on facebook.

Seriously, grow up.
MelanieJK
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Would your posting something on your page qualify as a document of the incident?   

I wouldn't think a neighbors kid calling your kid names would get you out of a lease.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm trying to keep documents of these incidents so that maybe we can break our lease and move! But u need a paper trail of that first.
Quoting Anonymous:

well i wouldnt have posted something like that in the first place but no, no one has the right to tell you what you can post on your page.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:20 PM
I would handle it like an adult, certainly not like a child.

Quoting Anonymous: So you'd let a kid call your kids who were playing in their own yard butt holes? I think not...this is the least worst thing these kids have done...another boy called my kids name she turned around and he threw a pine cone right in her eye...

My other neighbors daughter keeps making up stories to get my daughter in trouble the dad keeps coming over and I'm like dude I was sitting right there that didn't happen! I'm always sitting outside when my kids are and these other kids parents never ever ever are! And I have other neighbors to back me up on that. I'm trying to keep documents so we can hopefully break our lease and move.

I'm not stupid enough to think my kids don't act wrong, but my kids are seriously saints compared to the other neighbor kids around here.

Quoting Anonymous: What would i do??? Well for starters i wouldnt be acting like an immature douche on facebook.

Seriously, grow up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Because, I have a crazy neighbor whose daughter keeps making stuff up about my daughter at the end of the day when they go inside, then her parents come over to bitch about made up things, and I'm like dude that's not true Cuz I'm always outside when my kids are outside and no joke no other kids parents are...I feel ganged up on so if people see what I'm putting up with and know me well can verify anything. ..that daughters dad has threatened to call the cops on us! Like we are seriously the nicest people ever....I correct my kids when I'm outdoor and I hear them being wrong yet this guy believes his 8 year old daughter, because you know he's at work all day, he knows everything right?

Quoting Anonymous: It was silly to put that on Facebook to begin with. Why? I don't have Facebook so I don't understand the compulsion to update everyone on such tiny things...
MelanieJK
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Why don't you take a video of these incidents and take them to the appropriate neighbor?      Tell them you're thinking of posting it on facebook!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Yes because it's time stamped and dated...and I'm hoping the company will have some compassion if I can prove how frequently it happens. Yes I've tried to talk to these kids parents in the past and nothing has changed. Their son broke his wrist last year and I had to walk him home! They had no clue!

Quoting MelanieJK:

Would your posting something on your page qualify as a document of the incident?   

I wouldn't think a neighbors kid calling your kid names would get you out of a lease.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm trying to keep documents of these incidents so that maybe we can break our lease and move! But u need a paper trail of that first.
Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)