Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a bad parent because I DON'T scream at my kids?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

Between my husband and I, we have 3 kids. They're mostly good kids but they do get in trouble from time to time, and do stupid stuff. Our middle child recently got in trouble where we had to ground her for a month in her room. I was pretty mad with her and I was the one to dole out the punishment because I saw her first. I bitched her out for a good 20 minutes but because I didn't scream & rant , like my husband would have, he thinks that I'm "too weak" and a pushover. 

I'm not a screamer, never have been. I'm a very easy going person. He seems to think that I'm letting them getting away with murder if I'm not screaming for an hour with a red face and spit flying everywhere. I really have no ideas on how to explain to him that that's just not how I am. All I know is that with all his yelling, the kids still do stupid things now and again - so screaming isn't working at all.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:15 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Tell him to read some parenting books or take a class. He may also need anger management.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:19 AM

im the same.. my husband screams as well.. 

charlotte988
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Be the way you are. If he want to jell, he can jell.

AllieKat
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:57 AM
I used to stare at my mom and think of how dumb she looked while yelling and screaming when I was younger. I'm sure that expression didn't help me much but she seriously looked like an idiot when she would get mad like that.
rachel216
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:59 AM
just bc you don't yell doesn't make you a push over....I yell but really I need to get that under wrapps and talk to them! kids respond so much better when you talk rather then yell.
Paigesmommy78
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Talk to him about how the kids don't really him when he's yelling at them but if he feels it works for then fine but ur going to do what works for u
fiddlerbird555
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:10 AM

I always thought yelling showed a lack of power. When my kids go wrong I tell them, and then tell them what the punishement is, and they do it.  I don't bluff and I always follow through on what I say. DH complains the kids don't obey him. I don't have that problem.

BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:12 AM
LOL Me too! Especially when she got so loud you couldn't even understand what the fuck she was saying. Even if I knew I was in big trouble, her dumb ass red face was funny.

Quoting AllieKat: I used to stare at my mom and think of how dumb she looked while yelling and screaming when I was younger. I'm sure that expression didn't help me much but she seriously looked like an idiot when she would get mad like that.
BossMomXo
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 9:15 AM

As long as your middle child understand she's grounded in her room then that's all that matters. Yelling at children can cause negative effects on them if their yelled at every single time. They might grow up to fear you, grow up to be a bully or grow up and yell back at you and then war breaks loose in the house and all respect is gone.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)