Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did your DH react???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
I don't have a child of my own and me and my DH were trying for two years. He recently told me he wants to stop, he doesn't want to have a baby. I was heart broken. I still am. I was in the middle of my Clomid dosage when he said this. Well I was cramping after we had sex and I thought it was strange because I'm farther in my cycle than regular ovulation days and too early for my period. I took an O test. I'm on CD 22/23 and I got a smiley face. I told my DH and he flipped out saying he didn't want this. My feelings are so hurt. It makes me feel bad for being happy there's a chance because I've been on meds for months. I have NEVER gotten a positive OPK. What should I do? Have you ever gotten pregnant and your hubby wasn't excited but came around? Please help.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:39 PM
BUMP!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:41 PM
BUMP!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
You shouldn't involve him on any of that. You don't tell them about cycles and ovulating and such. Just initiate when you want to try. My husband hated all that and then didn't want sex. I just stopped talking about it.

You need to give him a break. It's a lot of pressure to be seen as a vehicle for sperm.
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Didn't I read this last night only you didn't know how to tell him, and you didn't want to be disappointed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:46 PM
I did tell him. I mean the sex is done. But it just sucks to know that he says if I turn out to be he won't be happy. :(

Quoting ColleenF30:

Didn't I read this last night only you didn't know how to tell him, and you didn't want to be disappointed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:48 PM
I mean what's done is done. It hurts to know he won't be happy to start our family.

Quoting Anonymous: You shouldn't involve him on any of that. You don't tell them about cycles and ovulating and such. Just initiate when you want to try. My husband hated all that and then didn't want sex. I just stopped talking about it.

You need to give him a break. It's a lot of pressure to be seen as a vehicle for sperm.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:48 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Thoughts please?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Not sure whys to say. I'm sorry he feels this way. I'm sure he feel pressure and disappointment.

If you did end up pregnant he may not remain that way. This is the now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)