• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you get bellybutton infections?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

I get them every once in a while. 

It's painful and red and smells terrible.

I clear it up by cleaning the area with soap and water, then with peroxide, and then putting baby powder.  It clears up within a day or 2.

Am I the only one?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:52 PM
I started getting them with my second pregnancy. I suddenly became allergic to every Damn thing... including the button on my jeans, the inflammation caused infection. Did the same thing as you pretty much, peroxide, air dry. I hardly ever get them now, but my allergies still suck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:01 PM
My former navel piercing site gets kinda gross every now and then. It won't completely close.
3MusketeerMama
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Only when I was pregnant and it was more irritation from being stretched than infection. My youngest gets them too but she is constantly sticking her fingers in her belly button and grinding her finger around in there. It gets crusty every so often and then I have to put Bactroban in it for a few days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:09 PM
I started getting them after I had gall bladder surgery and they made a small incision on my belly button. I rarely get them in the fall/winter months but in the spring and summer they're terrible! I do the same as you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)