Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

day time open house?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
School starts back on the 28th, last week the school finally announced when open house is, it's Wednesday, the 27th, from 11-2. Ugh, I have an office job, working 8-5, this is gonna suck....is this the norm? My girls are going into 2nd and 5th, but this is their first year at this school.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:51 PM
They must be assuming that everyone is unemployed in this economy.

That's ridiculous.
stacey541
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:51 PM
That sucks. Ours is 5:30-7 on the 28th. Sounds like your school wasn't thinking.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Maybe skip open house and take the kids to school a littler earlier so you can meet the teacher find the classrooms on the first day.
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:53 PM
What? That's absurd. Many parents couldn't make that. Even if moms stay home, dads like to attend those too.
karenbrzez
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:54 PM

We had our back to school process where we go and sign up for everything either during the daytime or evening, you pick. Our open house was this past Thursday from 5:30-7:30 pm. My children start school tomorrow. I would call and complain. My dh and I both work day hours.

casah4
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Ours are 4-7.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:58 PM
We have our "Back to School Night" after the first week of school has passed. One group of teachers didn't pass out the flyers for the kids to take home. No parents showed up (wonder how that happened), and they went home early!

Quoting Anonymous:

sounds like the school has figured out a way to not have to deal with most of the parents. lol

smurfette1903
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:00 PM
That is ridiculous. I personally would be unable to attend since I have an office job. I choose carefully when asking my boss for time. I save that for sick kids and other emergency situations.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:01 PM
I don't either! We other teachers were jealous we hadn't thought of the idea ourselves :)

Quoting Anonymous:

eh don't blame them, with the way parents act these days.lol

Quoting Anonymous: We have our "Back to School Night" after the first week of school has passed. One group of teachers didn't pass out the flyers for the kids to take home. No parents showed up (wonder how that happened), and they went home early!

Quoting Anonymous:

sounds like the school has figured out a way to not have to deal with most of the parents. lol

jaxons_mama
by Live*Laugh*Love on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:02 PM
My son starts kindergarten this Friday and the meet the teachers is Wednesday at 10:30-11:30. I thought that it was crazy. I know parents who can't attend. But I'm a SAHM so I'm good
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)