Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would u do this

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Where I live sucks horribly. The school is even worst. The area the school is in there shootings all the time I do not even go near there. My daughter goes into kindergarten in sept. I called the board of ed to see if there's a possibility to put her in a different school in the town abd they said absolutely not. I'm thinking of putting her in the school system in my dads town my licence and reg and insurance all have my dads address on it and my brother and I went there our whole school years.would you if you had the choice put her in the better school or the one in town because your suppose to
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:53 PM
They were probably lying. Check with your state department of education about vouchers or open enrollment schools. Most states offer options.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:53 PM
I would and I currently do use a fake address. I hate it though. But the alternative is worse.
Hubris_Huntsman
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:53 PM

If I was renting I would move to a better school district.  I'm just not meant for lying so I wouldn't lie about my residence, but I'd find a way to do an inter(intra?)district transfer.  I would be doing that in writing, not over the phone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:54 PM

Can you move?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:54 PM
I wouldn't, because I would get caught.

My school system is fantastic. To enroll, we needed to give them a current utility bill and a copy of our deed/proof from our landlord that we are renting.

To my knowledge, this is now standard for most districts, even the bad ones.

It's tough to fake, and they will punish you if caught.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Ill call tomorrow. Can't wait till my lease is up. I only took it because at the time I didn't have a car and it's right by mass transit
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:56 PM

Why not just move if it's that bad?  You will get in serious trouble if you get caught so why risk it?

JanineDeer
by Janine on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM

I would move. Yes I would do anything to get her into a decent area.

amy-momof5
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM
School districts do not have to let you transfer, its completely up to their discretion.

It is however a misdemeanor to commit residency fraud. I would do it, but it is illegal.
billysangel
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM
I tried to for my son and we got caught. The boe showed up with DFacs to question me. Total bs if ya ask me. I now homeschool to avoid the school district.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)