Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what age was ur kid when you got rid of the crib?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

What age were they when you moved them to a bed? And did you get a special 'toddler' bed? Or just a single bed? Or what?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Toddler bed at age 2. Although I later found out that my ex (and his mother, at her house), kept him in a crib until he was 4, the lazy bastards.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:54 PM
The one side comes off our cribs so you can use them as a kind of toddler bed, we kept ds1 in that until like 3.5 and then we just went to a full. I think to purchase a "toddler bed" is a waste. Just get a regular bed and get rails for the sides.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:55 PM

10 months and 23 months. Moved them to twin beds at the same time. Baby was a climber.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

MomOfAwesome
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:56 PM
My son slept in the bed with me til he was one an half then I moved him to his toddler bed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstasha210
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM

My 1st didn't sleep in the crib past 6 months and he slept with me until he was 3.  2nd, she got out right around 2 and went into a toddler bed.  3rd was at 19 months and went into a toddler bed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Your baby was climbing at ten months???

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

10 months and 23 months. Moved them to twin beds at the same time. Baby was a climber.

Mama_4Babies
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:58 PM
We just switched my youngest who turned 3 in June from a crib to a bunk bed but we had converted the crib into a day bed when he was 2.
(He cannot get on the top bunk as we didn't put the ladder on)
the.B.karma
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:58 PM

I think it was around 15 months. To a toddler bed. 

MicheleJM
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Idk but I did it when they started climbing out of the crib.  Two I think.  And i think they had youth beds.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:58 PM

My son was about 3 and went to a twin bed. My middle we switched the crib to a toddler bed when she was around 3 and she was in it till around 5.. My youngest was around 2 and we switched the crib to a toddler bed. She will be getting a twin enext year at 5.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)