• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Walmart horror story.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 140 Replies

I went to walmart yesterday to buy ds and I shoes (yea, yea walmart shoes. It's what I can afford).

The entire time we were trying on shoes, about 40 mins, there was a mom with 2 kids screaming at her kids.  She had this shrill, worked up, strident voice that was just like nails on chalkboard.  It was the kind of forced strident tone that instantly induces anxiety.

The 2 kids were about 6 and 4-5 and were wrestling, yelling, telling her to shut up and at one point we climbing the shelves.

All she ever did was harpy screech "stop that!" "don't do that!" "Leave him alone!" "get over here!"

DS is 8, we both kinda looked at eachother like, wtf??  And went about picking out shoes.  We found his, then went to find mine, which were unfortunately adjacent to the aisle Banshee and the Brats were in.

Ds was grabbing all the shoes from different aisles he thought I'd like and bringing them to me, while I sat ont he bench and tryed them on.

At one point while ds went off to find the shoes I liked in pink, the lady asked me "how do you do that?" 

I answered "do what?"

She said, "your son is so calm, I guess it comes with age." and chuckled.

Now, I'd like to say I smiled and said yup! Or made some other knowing mom joke.  But no, honestly her kids and her screeching stressed me out and gave me a headache.  

I answered "He does it because if he ever acted the way your kids are acting I'd do something about it instead of subjecting everyone around us to constant screaming.  Kids won't stop until you make them.  Screaming at them constantly does nothing but make them act up just to get a rise out of you.  Try disciplining your damn kids."

She turned beet red and screeched "WE'RE GOING!" and stormed away, the younger kid ran ahead yelling and the older kid walked after her with both arms out knocking every shoe off the right hand shelf on his way down the aisle.

I was a bit shocked I said that tbh.  It was probably the rudest thing I've ever done.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:21 PM
4 moms liked this
No you didn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Were you there?

Oh, that's right, you were not.

Quoting Anonymous: No you didn't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Hmm girl, you tell her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:24 PM
3 moms liked this
I would have told you to fuck off!
MamaMindy31
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:24 PM
I would've done the same thing.
Missdameanor
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:24 PM
4 moms liked this
Well, congratulations on making a stressed out Mom feel even worse =)
Court112
by Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

LMAO! Holy Moly!! She was probably just embarassing herself by yelling back at them. If the parent acts like a child no wonder why her kids are so bratty. At least you were honest with her she asked for your opinion. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

And I would have asked you, why you bothered to ask then?

I was quite happy to ignore her psycho little brood, she initiated with me.

Quoting Anonymous: I would have told you to fuck off!

Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Mobile Photo

Sure.....
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Last night in Walmart this family who looked like they hadn't washed their clothes in a while was picking out video games and had a 2-3 month old in just a diaper while they were all in jackets.
Walmart was cold I wanted so badly to buy the baby a blanket.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)