Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Xmas vacation?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:28 PM
  • 13 Replies

So, due to family issues (as in, I have no family and my inlaws have gone off the deep end), DH and I are looking to avoid spending Xmas around here. I have recently gotten a lovely raise, and we will have the funds to do a trip over the holidays. We can't spend a fortune (our original thought was a Disney cruise, but their 4 night cruise over Xmas would be $5000 for the 3 of us!), but I'm looking for some getaway ideas. Where's a good place to go over the Xmas holidays?   Not too crowded, decent weather (though skiing might be nice...)?  We live in NC and would prefer to drive, but flying is an option, too. 

Thanks!

by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Dollywood? Lol only place I can think of nearish to you not Disney.
momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Are they even open in the winter?  I haven't been there in ages!  We love theme parks. 

Quoting mem82: Dollywood? Lol only place I can think of nearish to you not Disney.

thetrollcat
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

we are going to hawaii just right after christmas

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:32 PM

We are doing a cruise January 3rd, Royal Carribean. It was only $1700 for the three of us. Maybe look somewhere other than Disney if you are thinking cruise? If you are in NC it wouldn't even be inconceivable to drive to Florida the day before and save on airfare. Or maybe an all-inclusive resort somewhere down in Florida?

blondieinva80
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this
They are. We usually go there during winter time.

Quoting momtolittleg:

Are they even open in the winter?  I haven't been there in ages!  We love theme parks. 

Quoting mem82: Dollywood? Lol only place I can think of nearish to you not Disney.

ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:33 PM
We are heading to steamboat springs Colorado, anywhere in CO would be great:)
mem82
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:34 PM
I imagine they do it up for Christmas. I'm not sure how cold it gets around there.

Quoting momtolittleg:

momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

We are doing a cruise January 3rd, Royal Carribean. It was only $1700 for the three of us. Maybe look somewhere other than Disney if you are thinking cruise? If you are in NC it wouldn't even be inconceivable to drive to Florida the day before and save on airfare. Or maybe an all-inclusive resort somewhere down in Florida?

Our first cruise was Disney, so we have been spoiled!  The Disney cruises weren't bad, price-wise, except for being on the boat on Xmas or new year's. I have a feeling the other cruise lines would be inflated then also, and we really want to be gone actual Xmas day. 

We do always drive to Florida- we can make it in a day. Didn't think about a resort, though...  Hmmm.

thanks!

momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:38 PM

I'd love to ski in Colorado!  

Quoting ELKmountain.mom: We are heading to steamboat springs Colorado, anywhere in CO would be great:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Depending on how old your child is, do not do Dollywood. As an adult I would love it, as an 11 year old I was bored out of my damn mind.

Quoting momtolittleg:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)