Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is the third time this dog charged at us...WWYD?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:59 PM
  • 13 Replies

I take dd out for walks every evening. Sun still shining, yet cool...always nice.

However, the past three times we've gone out, this tiny little chihuahua mix is out of the house, with his owners in the yard, and will charge at dd and I if he sees us even six houses down. We don't even walk by the house, but have to go near it as we live on the same street. 

He will charge, barking like mad, and will definitely bite if I don't grab my sandal off my foot and chase him off. His owners know he runs off, and have even called out a "Sorry!" To us after being charged.

Im tempted to pepper spray him, as he is getting closer and closer us. But that's just me...WWYD?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:01 PM
3 moms liked this
I'd talk to the owners, ask them to make sure it doesn't leave the yard or I'd be calling animal control.
sarastanley88
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:14 PM
Yup
slb235
by Grammar Police on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Kick the dog.

Bieg9093
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Pepper spray, box cutter, ball-peen hammer.  The options are endless really.

leeannfarley
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Call animal control. we have this same type dog by where I live that is crazy and actually bit my pant legs almost reaching the skin. I would have called if. I wasn't always heading to work
Hubris_Huntsman
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:26 PM
I'd pepper spray. I hate that. It happens when I'm walking my dog on leash and sooooo pisses me off.
Lostinindy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:28 PM
I'd get a water gun and shoot him first before the pepper spray. There is a little terrier mix that bites my ankles as I pass. You get no warning he comes our of no where. The water gun stopped him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Talk to the owners. If that doesn't work, I'd call animal control or file a report or something. If it happened again, I would pepper spray the dog and the owners.
Keith-IsaacsMom
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:32 PM

I"m not a fan of little dogs and neither is my big dogs...lol...no really try water spray if you are an animal lover...if you don't give to kicks, well kick the sucka and tell your neighbors they make leashes for a reason! 

Jinx-Troublex3
by Gold Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Call animal control..each and every time AND send a letter documenting the dates and times. You can even use your phone and get pics or video to submit.

I would also pepper spray or kick the dog. We had an issue when I walked my dog that a german shepherd would jump the fence of his yard and come up within a foot of us, definitely close enough to bite and snarl and bark. I train in martial arts so the second time, I was prepared and wore my big hiking boots and kicked it in the head as it came in. I also called animal control and reported the attack each time. It jumped the fence one time after that but stayed about 15 feet away..lmao! Shortly after, they had an animal control citation on their gate and then about two weeks later they moved out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)