Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you post too much of your personal life on Facebook?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

Are you one of those annoying Facebookers that put too much info out there? Like whenever you or you husband don't get along or calling people out or just plain talking crap when you get pissed off? Why do you do that? I mean, damn, people wonder why they get gossiped about so much. If you don't want everyone to talk then don't  give them something to talk about. A girl I went to school with found out her husband was cheating on her Friday and she's been posting every detail since. Damn, quit looking for attention.

Okay, rant over, 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bubbie0809
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:13 PM
No, I am very vague.
I don't believe anyone wants or needs to know my personal business
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:14 PM
No. I have never posted about fights with Dh or my child's diagnosis (I see that a lot too). The only thing I post that is personal is family photos.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:14 PM
I don't have a Facebook account. And I hear enough stories here to make me want to never get one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:14 PM

I don't and I usually block or hide the people that do it enough to get on my nerves.  I like keeping up with people but not when it's just drama filled bs all the time.  

HIJKLM
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:14 PM
I post very little personal stuff there. Usually I share news storied or funny pictures. Sometimes I update about my kids like "today is DSs birthday" or something
SithMom71
by Silver Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Nope, I post boring shit like funny memes or Doctor Who. Stuff like that. 

MamaTwinkleA
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Nope. With ds1 we didnt even post a pic of him until he was 4 months old...then it was a newborn pic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy211983
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:16 PM
Nope. I keep it positive. More than anything I update on what's happening with my son and my pregnancy. I have family that lives far away and it's a way for them to see my kids grow and be involved. I don't complain or put overly personal stuff.
MomtoAlexis05
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:16 PM

I used to but realized it's just not worth it etc. I mean who the hell needs to know all my garbage, and I swear I started getting friend's requests from my already 'friends' just so they could get in on the drama. Screw that!!! ;(

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you one of those annoying Facebookers that put too much info out there? Like whenever you or you husband don't get along or calling people out or just plain talking crap when you get pissed off? Why do you do that? I mean, damn, people wonder why they get gossiped about so much. If you don't want everyone to talk then give them something to talk about. A girl I went to school with found out her husband was cheating on her Friday and she's been posting every detail since. Damn, quit looking for attention.

Okay, rant over, 

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:16 PM
No, I do talk about my kids a lot. But im a mom, its what we do. Normally on facebook im just letting people know news and sharing funny pictures. My relationships dont belong on facebook. Ooo but I did post a pic today bragging about my husband because he brought be a huge insulated mug for me to carry my gatorade around in and keep it cool. Yea it made my day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)