Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Jenise Wright tragedy... do you think the parents are partially to blame?

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:29 AM
  • 142 Replies
1 mom liked this

I know they believe the 17 yr old kid killed this little girl, not the parents, but the idea that she was missing for a whole day at just 6 yrs old and they didn't bother to call the police until night time, and that it was 'normal' for this 6 yr old to just go out and wander on her own for hours without anyone knowing where she was, this just bugs the heck out of me.

I can't see how this isn't child neglect. They didn't kill her, but maybe if they actually kept an eye on their kid it wouldn't have happened. 

I just don't understand the mentality that lets a 6 yr old wander freely for hours, day into night, without the parents knowing where she is or that someone is watching over her. 

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarastanley88
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:33 AM
Do they live in a forest or something? Out in the middle of nowhere?
Browncoat4eva
by Mackenzie on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:36 AM
2 moms liked this

No, they live in a trailer park.

They said they couldn't find the child at 10 am Sunday morning and no one called the police until 10 PM Sunday night. According to the family and neighbors, the child likes to 'wander around' by herself. At age 6. It seemed to be totally normal for them. 

I can't wrap my brain around that-- not knowing where your 6 year old is all day long and not panicking. 

Quoting sarastanley88: Do they live in a forest or something? Out in the middle of nowhere?

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

Crashly
by Ashley on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:38 AM
Ugh it's sickening. This could've been prevented, imo.
AvantGardener
by Song Bird on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:41 AM
7 moms liked this

At that age I was out most of the day as well, but I got news for you......if I hadn't come home for lunch or dinner my parents would have been worried. 10am to 10pm is too long even if she was allowed to play in the community.

sarastanley88
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:41 AM
That's crazy

Quoting Browncoat4eva:

They said they couldn't find the child at 10 am Sunday morning and no one called the police until 10 PM Sunday night. According to the family and neighbors, the child likes to 'wander around' by herself. At age 6. It seemed to be totally normal for them. 

I can't wrap my brain around that-- not knowing where your 6 year old is all day long and not panicking. 

Quoting sarastanley88: Do they live in a forest or something? Out in the middle of nowhere?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:43 AM

That poor girls own father is a pedophile. He's sick in the head to begin with. I just knew that he had something to do with her disappearance. I was shocked to learn that a 17 year old had been arrested.

Browncoat4eva
by Mackenzie on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:44 AM

That's the thing for me, it's not just that she went out to play, it's that they let her out without knowing where she was for hours upon hours. 

Quoting AvantGardener:

At that age I was out most of the day as well, but I got news for you......if I hadn't come home for lunch or dinner my parents would have been worried. 10am to 10pm is too long even if she was allowed to play in the community.

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I think it's neglectful to allow a child that young to roam for hours with no idea as to their whereabouts. I see it all of the time and am just astounded.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:44 AM
2 moms liked this

Well that kind of explains it. I've lived in some crap neighborhoods when I was younger and the parents would send their LITTLE kids out to play, no supervision. Absolute piss oor parenting, but they didn't murder the child.

Quoting Browncoat4eva:

Browncoat4eva
by Mackenzie on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:45 AM

I know, the police made him take a lie detector right away and he was apparently very cooperative letting them come right in and search; they said he was not a suspect but I found his record disturbing as well. 

Quoting Anonymous:

That poor girls own father is a pedophile. He's sick in the head to begin with. I just knew that he had something to do with her disappearance. I was shocked to learn that a 17 year old had been arrested.

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)