Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am sad to be sending my little ones to public school ****UPDATE at top**** 2cnd update at the top!!!!!!! Last one:)

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:24 AM
  • 280 Replies

Busy morning for my littles. They rose at 7am, ate breakfast, colored a paper I printed for them to get them excited and going this morning. Lots of giggles and excitement to see friends from last year and new ones they met at the B&G club camp. Dressed and pics and on the bus. no tears from me, I wanted to though. Hope everyone has a joyous day, and thank you to those who uderstood my thoughts and feelings. I do apologize to those if it felt like I was putting PS down. I guess when I have watched them push my SN son grade after grade without him being able to read or write and finding out at 15 he has a math and writing LD on top of his autism and other mental illnesses, the fact that my dd who struggles with an eye disease and ADD, works so hard to get good grades be called lazy to her face when she asks for help and then gets physically ill before testing because the teachers have it drilled in her head that she is no good. I see now my boy twin soaking up education like a sponge and since our school system is not set up to advance children, it makes me sad. I will "get over it" and take the reigns next year. As for this year, I will be coming up with a great curriculum to challenge and engage all of my children. 

I am not even reading the rest of the posts, sorry not enough time to take the bashing. Went to the open house and my son's K teacher had already spoken to his new teacher about how advanced he is. She will be testing him and trying ot give him some special attention to keep his interest. Our small town school does not start advanced placement until 4th grade, until then they will do their best to keep him from getting bored. The reason I am not homeschooling my younger ones is because I was not planning to or even thought about it until we were going ot move to a district with very bad schools in order to be closer to my husbands job. We then did not take the house and decided to wait to move until next year due to finances. My older ones are already homeschooled (well my oldest will again once he is home in Sept/Oct). I feel it in my heart to homeschool my children. Anyway, today was busy between registering my homeschooled dd for co-ops, basketball and swim team for homeschoolers and getting the twins back packs ready, breakfast started for tomorrow and curling my baby girls hair, picking out 1st day clothes and making First Day of 1st grade signs for morning pics. I am excited on the outside, very much so, just sad on the inside. My children are very much great kids and I know they thrive anywhere they are. 

Also, if you are praying people, in the midst of all going on today one of my Cadette moms (I am the GS co-leader for the Cadettes) lost her right foot today, had to be amputated. We all made cards and took them over to her, checked on her dd and the rest of family and took them dinner. She could use prayers, so maybe instead of bashing me, use that time to pray for her and her family as she has a long road ahead of her for recovery. I will be busy tomorrow with Drs appts for my mom and finishing up school stuff, but will post pics of my twinners headed out to their 1st day of 1st grade (which by the way is their 4th year of school out of the home so the comments about sheltering them are getting old)

My intention was to home school all of my kids if we moved to another area. We decided to wait to move and so my little ones entering 1st grade will be going back to public school this year. I am not happy, I want to keep them home. They enjoy school, but would love to be home schooled also. My twin boy is so far advanced i know this may be an issue this year. I will be talking ot his teacher at open house today. We have gotten him workbooks that he finished this Summer all the way up to 3rd grade. He reads well into 4th grade level with comprehension. He has been practicing his writing which is a bit sloppy, and spelling which might be more of a 2cnd grade level. His twin sister has some focus issues, so we slowly worked with her since she is not very driven to learn, lots of games, reading to her, having her tell the story to us, etc. She is definitely more on the 1st grade level. I am so sad that tomorrow I will have to put them on the bus to school. I feel guilty that my older children will have the home education right now, while some stranger teaches them to the best of her ability with 20 something kids to also focus on. I will be supplementing any problem areas at home and of course they will have homework, but I still feel guilty. Okay my rant is over, time to spend the last day of their Summer break doing fun things today.

by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the.B.karma
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:30 AM
26 moms liked this

Ugh get over it. Most if not all teachers in public school are 100 percent qualified to know how to teach "ALLLLLLL those kids" themselves. Act like they will do some horrific things to your snowflakes..

thetrollcat
by Meow on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:30 AM
5 moms liked this

If public schools were that bad, a lot of kids that attend public schools would never make it to college

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
If he's truly as advanced as you believe, I'm sure the school will have no problem moving him a grade ahead.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:35 AM
28 moms liked this
Please don't use open house as a conference time. You're supposed to introduce yourself and your child get your packet and move on to explore the classroom. I hate getting stuck waiting behind parents who feel the need to discuss little Johnny's entire academic career.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:36 AM
5 moms liked this

wow you really have no life outside of your kids.

my4kids274
by Ruby Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:37 AM

It is what it is. 

My 2 oldest went through public school and they did just fine.  Just come to terms with it and move on. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I AGREE 100%!!!

I hate parents that do this shit. Come on, I came to be quick not spend the entire night waiting for you all damn night!

Quoting Anonymous: Please don't use open house as a conference time. You're supposed to introduce yourself and your child get your packet and move on to explore the classroom. I hate getting stuck waiting behind parents who feel the need to discuss little Johnny's entire academic career.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:38 AM
And im the opposite. We pulled our kid last year from public school to homeschool. This will be our 1st full school year at home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:39 AM
5 moms liked this
They will survive.

Open house is for you and your children to meet the teacher, not to tell them how smart your kid is for 45 minutes. Schedule a conference to do that.
achorney
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:40 AM
3 moms liked this

wait... why do you get to homeschool the older kids but the two little ones go to public school?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN