Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am so done with this woman

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

My husband and I live pay check to pay check. We budget for things like back to school, and Christmas a YEAR in advance.

He pays his court ordered child support faithfully ! The court order specifically states that BM is responsible for all costs outside of the court ordered child support.

Two weeks ago, BM started crying that she needs help with school supplies and clothes. Okay, we'll make it work - we're not going to let SD go to school without the things that she needs. BM just moved to a new city, and will not tell DH the name of the school SD will be attending. There are 4 possible schools. So he told BM to send him the name of the school and he'll pull the supply list and dress code off of the website, and order SD some things and have them sent to BM's home.

CRICKETS!

This woman is refusing to give DH the name of the school, or even a copy of the supply list - she just wants him to send her money. NO! I get a 50% discount on everything at Office Max, through my job. I will be ordering the supplies and saving ourselves some money.

Nope - BM isn't having it. She wants the money or "Our daughter can just suffer because her dad is a dead beat"

Whatever dude! You're a control freak! Your daughter is missing out because you are a control freak.

This isn't the first time BM has thrown tantrums over money.

For Christmas, SD wanted a Barbie house. We made it happen! BM was PISSED that we didn't just send her the money! For Valentines day, DH sent his daughter some flowers and some stationary, self addressed envelopes etc. BM flipped out that she could have put that money to better use

UGH! Sorry, had to vent -

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Can your husband just ask DD what school she'll be going to?

nmkj
by Ruby Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Dh was being smart asking for the school. The way bm is behaving tells me she wants the money for other things because she is greedy. She probably blew the child support on nonsense. Sorry the poor kid has to suffer but I wouldn't give money either.
eykelley
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Thats crazy. It sounds like all she wants is the money. Does your dh ever pick his dd up from school? He will need to know where she is. Maybe he can call the schools, explain hes's dds dad and that he needs to make sure she is enrolled there. Then he can let the school know he is sending stuff for her to the school. My grandma had this happen a few times in her old class.
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like BM just wants to get her hands on some extra money. No doubt she would probably turn around, spend it and then tell SD that her dad is a loser and doesn't send her money for the stuff she needs. 

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:00 PM
What a bitch. Sorry you guys have to deal with that. Good luck.
julie515
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:01 PM
2 moms liked this
I would send paper, crayons, coloring pencils, the usual.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Call the schools and see if she is enrolled.
hopeful_leslie
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Is your dh not on all contact information for the school and such? Yea if not i'd be going to court to get that fixed real quick! As far as the money issue goes you are doing the right thing buy wanting to purchase it yourself. BM sounds very selfish and doesn't seem to have dd at the top of that need list. It's. All about her, how sad
LisaMomm
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:05 PM

For as long as child support is being paid, there is little this woman can do.  It sounds liek she is playing on your DH's fear that the child will think he is the bad guy here and want to do whatever it takes to make sure she is ok.  That's a great plan but children are smarter than we realize.  SD already knows how difficult her mother can be and will only blame dad if no one sets her straight.  It suck for kids to have terrible parents but it is so much better if we confirm the reality they live in and let them kow that she is making bad choices.  And your dh may want to pick the child up for a long visit and really show her all the love and care he and you have for her so that she gets it that you are trying to help make her life better.  just my 2 cents....

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Quoting nmkj: Dh was being smart asking for the school. The way bm is behaving tells me she wants the money for other things because she is greedy. She probably blew the child support on nonsense. Sorry the poor kid has to suffer but I wouldn't give money either.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN