Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For the Know-it-Alls screamin murder by Tony Stewart

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:42 PM
  • 74 Replies
14 moms liked this

For all of the people on here and everywhere actually that put their two-cents in on Tony Stewart's accident when they know nothing about racing, here is the point of view from a sprint car that one of my fellow racing friends posted

This is his caption "The view looking out my sprintcar ... Now add darkness and the blind spot from the right side ... Can't see much can you ????"

Also add there was a sprint that JUST went by in front of Tony and that Kevin was wearing ALL black plus his Sprint was black as well... 

Tony was racing a winged sprint and the wing comes down in front of the right front view of the car.

I am very saddened by Kevin's death being a fellow race car driver and knowing how the sport is, but to blame it on Tony isn't right.  Kevin KNEW what he was doing by getting out of that car.  Us drivers sign waivers before we race saying that we understand serious injury and DEATH may occur by participating in this sport.  You're also not supposed to get out of your car under any circumstances while on the track.  

I am not a fan of Tony Stewart but I will defend his actions being a driver myself.  

Until you race a car on dirt track, or know these cars and how they behave then you really don't have a place to put your opinion in or call names and blame.

Have a great day.

by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hismommy2010
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Its sad all around... The rule of not gettn out of ur car should have been in place before this ever happend.... Prayers to all
two4one
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

It wasn't murder. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I was pretty sure there was a rule about drivers staying inside their cars! That was very sad what happened, but Tony is not a murderer! It was an unfortunate accident. :(
KennyPooPoo22
by Ruby Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Even with his temper I highly doubt he would hit another racer on purpose. Anyone who says it was intentional or that he is at fault is a moron
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't race, but it's only common sense that you don't get out of your vehicle in that situation.  It's sad that the guy died, but it's completely and totally his fault and his alone that he is dead.  Had he stayed in his car as he should have he'd still be with us. 

Quoting ThisCrazyLife00:

For all of the people on here and everywhere actually that put their two-cents in on Tony Stewart's accident when they know nothing about racing, here is the point of view from a sprint car that one of my fellow racing friends posted

This is his caption "The view looking out my sprintcar ... Now add darkness and the blind spot from the right side ... Can't see much can you ????"

Also add there was a sprint that JUST went by in front of Tony and that Kevin was wearing ALL black plus his Sprint was black as well... 

Tony was racing a winged sprint and the wing comes down in front of the right front view of the car.

I am very saddened by Kevin's death being a fellow race car driver and knowing how the sport is, but to blame it on Tony isn't right.  Kevin KNEW what he was doing by getting out of that car.  Us drivers sign waivers before we race saying that we understand serious injury and DEATH may occur by participating in this sport.  You're also not supposed to get out of your car under any circumstances while on the track.  

I am not a fan of Tony Stewart but I will defend his actions being a driver myself.  

Until you race a car on dirt track, or know these cars and how they behave then you really don't have a place to put your opinion in or call names and blame.

Have a great day.

ThisCrazyLife00
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:06 PM

At our track it is a rule.  I haven't been to this track that tony stewart was at so I don't know if they had that rule or not.

Quoting hismommy2010: Its sad all around... The rule of not gettn out of ur car should have been in place before this ever happend.... Prayers to all

ThisCrazyLife00
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:07 PM

try telling that to some people...

Quoting two4one:

It wasn't murder. 

ThisCrazyLife00
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Some people claim because he got on the throttle that he was doing it on purpose.  What they don't know and won't let get through their thick skulls is that you have to get on the throttle to turn a sprint.  Tony was getting on the throttle and turned his car to the left, away from Kevin.  

Quoting Diamepphyre:

I don't race, but it's only common sense that you don't get out of your vehicle in that situation.  It's sad that the guy died, but it's completely and totally his fault and his alone that he is dead.  Had he stayed in his car as he should have he'd still be with us. 

Quoting ThisCrazyLife00:

Have a great day.

over40bride
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Their is no proof he got on the throttle.

Yes you hear it in the video but there is no way to know which car that was.

It had to be a car closest to the person videoing it.

You can't even hear the crash.

Quoting ThisCrazyLife00:

Some people claim because he got on the throttle that he was doing it on purpose.  What they don't know and won't let get through their thick skulls is that you have to get on the throttle to turn a sprint.  Tony was getting on the throttle and turned his car to the left, away from Kevin.  

Quoting Diamepphyre:

Quoting ThisCrazyLife00:

Have a great day.

over40bride
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Thank you for this post OP

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN