Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my dd 14 isn't getting anything new for school

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 454 Replies
13 moms liked this
Except school supplies . I am not buying new clothes, new shoes, no hair cut, no makeup nothing. She is been a disrespectful brat all summer long I warned her repeatedly what would happen if she continued. She still is continuing with her smart mouth and being disrespectful. She will enter high school with last year stuff. She said what if my shoes tear up. I said they look fine if you decide to tear them up in hopes of getting new one I'll buy you some duct tape.

I will go this weekend and finish up clothes and shoes and hair cut for ds.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:03 PM
19 moms liked this

Good for you for sticking to the consequences you set out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:05 PM
12 moms liked this

new

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
What exactly do you feel is disrespectful and being a smart mouth?
rachellaree20
by Rachel on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Hopefully she learn and drops the attitude.  Good for you for sticking to the consequences you set for her.

hopeful_leslie
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Ain't nothing wrong with that mama! Good for you, maybe she will learn to respect you and what she has
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Huh?

Quoting Anonymous:

new

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:10 PM
7 moms liked this
They way she thinks she can speak to me not to mention her not wanting to listen to anything I tell her to do.

Or the fact That she is 14 and I have to send her in the kitchen 5 times because she isn't cleaning it properly or the dishes are still dirty and she says oh god stop nagging me. Really do the shit right the first time and you want have to keep getting sent back in there smart ass.

Quoting rachellaree20:

Hopefully she learn and drops the attitude.  Good for you for sticking to the consequences you set for her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:23 PM
15 moms liked this
I understand, but you need to understand she is a teenager. They are mouthy and disrespectful. She is trying to learn her place in the world.
If you force her to go to school looking like a loser the other kids will treat her as such.
This is the first day of her next four HIGE years development wise. Why make it any harder for her? This could turn her into a pariah, make her hate school, do poorly in school, driop out or not make the grades to go to college.
I agree you should punish her, but think of the lasting effects of THIS punishment.
Ground her, take away her phone, but please don't let her go to school and be embarrassed. That isn't a punishment, it's cruelty.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:24 PM
4 moms liked this
Maybe you should buy her a dictionary for you to borrow...look up the difference between knew and new.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:25 PM
7 moms liked this
Our jobs as mothers isn't to punish our children, but to teach them.
Did you tell her the dirty dishes were unsanitary and unsafe to eat off of? Did you tell her she has responsibilities to be a contributing part of your family? Or do you just yell at her to do shit?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN