Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate reading to my kids!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 112 Replies
1 mom liked this
No lie, in the past 4 days, I have read FOUR Roald Dahl books to my kids. They can't get enough of the stories, but my jaw is downright sore and I feel like I have cottonmouth all day!!

Uggg! The rain needs to go away so we can get back to playing outside! All they want to do on rainy days is read. Could be worse, but still...
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crescentstar2
by Anne on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:57 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm sorry but awesome choices in books
DrunkenFaeGirl
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Try audiobooks.

fatcat0908
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I do it because I know it's important, but I hate it too. I'm so glad I can make my older ones read to my toddler now. Ironically I love to read, just to myself, silently. 

the.B.karma
by Platinum Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:59 PM

Lol man. I love reading, glad DS likes it too. We read soooo many books throughout the day.

incogNinja
by Whofflé on Aug. 11, 2014 at 10:59 PM
Lol if they want chapter books they need to read themselves. I can read for like 5-10 mins and that's it
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:01 PM
2 moms liked this
I love to read but I hate to read aloud lol.
1taximomhere
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Listen to them on audio and just follow along in the book. There are some sites that are free for audio books. .
cassielc84
by Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Reading is a good way to bring out good imaginations! I too get a dry mouth and some nights where I don't want to read but we do read quite often. My kids LOVE books and can't get enough. I also homeschool them so reading is HUGE in our house. Find shorter books or find ones where you all enjoy reading! It sometimes helps! I don't like the ones I can't get into or the ones that don't have a good story plot.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:02 PM

I despise with a passion reading out loud.  I will do it only when they ask and won't do it anymore once they hit kindgarten and they can do it themselves.  Then I make them read to me.  LOL!!

smileydawn
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2014 at 11:02 PM
I love reading to ds!! He mostly just wants to name the pictures.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)