Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously!? Because my kids are white?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 326 Replies
DD7, asked to go down the road and play with one of the neighborhood kids. It's a little girl who just moved into the neighborhood.
About 5 minutes later she came back crying her eyes out saying the little girls mother said they could no longer play together because her dd got head lice from my dd.
In our neighborhood we're the only all white family on our block. Everyone else is either all black families or mixed families.
I know my dd does not have head lice so I walked down to their house to speak with the mother.

Me "it was pointed out that dd and your dd cannot play together because you believe your dd caught head lice from mine. I just wanted to let you know that none of my girls have lice and if you'd like you can check for yourself"

Mother "I don't need to check. I know she got it from your kids. You're the only white family around. It had to come from them"

Really!? She's white and her dd is mixed, why couldn't she of gotten it from her? Now the little girl and her other friends around the area have been riding their bikes past the house calling my girls nasty and head lice kids. Who does this?

Sorry, this has been eating at me all day and I guess I just needed to vent.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Sorry in advance for any typos.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Sorry, too many race problems for me tonight.
Crashly
by Ashley on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:07 AM
4 moms liked this
Wow! It sounds like she's doing your dd a favor by ending that friendship.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:08 AM
2 moms liked this

You realize that earlier this week a 17 year old black kid was shot, unarmed, for jaywalking?

Like these posts always annoy me, maybe they don't like white people because systematic oppression has pitted them against each other for generations but yeah I'm sure they're just racist. Right now though, really? Have some sensitivity.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. It just bugs me because 1. She automatically wanted to point out my kids and 2. Now this has made all the girls my kids play with not want to play with them. Before this today my girls played with all the other girls on the block. It's heartbreaking to see them so upset over this.

Quoting Crashly: Wow! It sounds like she's doing your dd a favor by ending that friendship.
incogNinja
by Whofflé on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:09 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Sorry, too many race problems for me tonight.
Crashly
by Ashley on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:11 AM
4 moms liked this
How well do you know the other parents? I would be calling moms and letting them know of the situation and how I felt about it. It's not ok for the mother to be teaching her daughter to treat others this way. It's sad.

Quoting Anonymous: I agree. It just bugs me because 1. She automatically wanted to point out my kids and 2. Now this has made all the girls my kids play with not want to play with them. Before this today my girls played with all the other girls on the block. It's heartbreaking to see them so upset over this.

Quoting Crashly: Wow! It sounds like she's doing your dd a favor by ending that friendship.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:11 AM
29 moms liked this
Never once did I say they were racist. If that was the case they wouldn't have allowed their children to play with mine in the first place. And no, I had no idea about the 17 y/o being shot. This has nothing to do with it.

Quoting Anonymous:

You realize that earlier this week a 17 year old black kid was shot, unarmed, for jaywalking?Like these posts always annoy me, maybe they don't like white people because systematic oppression has pitted them against each other for generations but yeah I'm sure they're just racist. Right now though, really? Have some sensitivity.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:12 AM
8 moms liked this
Honestly, I would go out there and spray those brats with a water hose.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2014 at 12:13 AM
I haven't been on all day so I have no clue about race posts. This really is just about it being blamed on my kids because their white. There's other ways to get lice.

Quoting Anonymous: Sorry, too many race problems for me tonight.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)