Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Child support question... updated

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
So I text my ex a few days ago wondering why he didn't pay the support order. Wasn't a big deal, just didn't want him to get in trouble. Well he told me he did and the check cleared his bank. I waited a few days and just checked child support case site and it's still saying he owes for last month and this month. Has anyone had this happen?

The case is interstate, if that helps. It's between ohio and michigan. Ex text me a bit ago just to let me know he was paying a week later than usual this month...

Update 8/15.... so he really did pay. I signed for the other states Web portal and saw he paid for July and aug.... but the funds were on hold. This confused me so I called. Basically there was a problem with the payment in june. Until it was cleared they put a hold on the account. The guy apoligize profusely, and said we should have monitored this situation closer. He also said to call them directly with any questions of non payment or of my case because basically my state is only in charge of distribution and nothing more. They are the middle man. They released the funds which is 2 months of child support, I should see them next week!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virgoj3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

processing time...patience.  Let the states deal with it and take yourself out of the middle of it.

Clarkfa
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Idk maybe call cs and tell your ex to save the statement. I believe if he misses 3 payments something bad happens...he should also be looking into figuring it out
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:07 AM
He said he paid it on the 8th like every month and check cleared his account a week later. So process time shouldmt be that long right? I always have the support by the 12th. We have had no problems wi th child support since it was ordered 8 years ago... I told him to call his side of enforcement to see if there was an issue. He text this morning checking about it, he knows it's money towards dd. Even more that I need it for school shopping.

Quoting virgoj3:

processing time...patience.  Let the states deal with it and take yourself out of the middle of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:09 AM
I emailed my end this morning after I talked to him. He said he was going to call his end this afternoon during his lunch and see what happened. As it stands, according to my courts he is 2 months behind. He's pissed... not at me but that he paid and it's not gotten to me.

Quoting Clarkfa: Idk maybe call cs and tell your ex to save the statement. I believe if he misses 3 payments something bad happens...he should also be looking into figuring it out
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:09 AM
I emailed my end this morning after I talked to him. He said he was going to call his end this afternoon during his lunch and see what happened. As it stands, according to my courts he is 2 months behind. He's pissed... not at me but that he paid and it's not gotten to me.

Quoting Clarkfa: Idk maybe call cs and tell your ex to save the statement. I believe if he misses 3 payments something bad happens...he should also be looking into figuring it out
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:12 AM
It takes time for it go go thru sometimes. I'm sure you get it tomorrow.
And him not paying once wouldn't make him get in trouble
LiliM
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:12 AM
You need to talk to the agency handling it. Once DH paid it to the agency, it was out of our hands. We could see where it cleared our bank and was credited to the CS case but nothing on exs end. Nor would they discuss her end of things with DH. Once he paid his end was done.
Clarkfa
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:15 AM
Good (: I'd be mad too, if you guys are on good terms you could try and get away from the courts and just have him pay you directly. (Unless you don't think he'd pay consistently)

Keep us updated

Quoting Anonymous: I emailed my end this morning after I talked to him. He said he was going to call his end this afternoon during his lunch and see what happened. As it stands, according to my courts he is 2 months behind. He's pissed... not at me but that he paid and it's not gotten to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:18 AM
He likes to keep it this way... he has 3 other kids besides our dd, it keeps it where he can't forget to send money for ours. We are on very good terms.

Quoting Clarkfa: Good (: I'd be mad too, if you guys are on good terms you could try and get away from the courts and just have him pay you directly. (Unless you don't think he'd pay consistently)

Keep us updated

Quoting Anonymous: I emailed my end this morning after I talked to him. He said he was going to call his end this afternoon during his lunch and see what happened. As it stands, according to my courts he is 2 months behind. He's pissed... not at me but that he paid and it's not gotten to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:20 AM
For us... it hasn't cleared on his end at all in the system, just his bank. So if there is a mix up I would think it would be his end. We both contacted the agency. Hopefully we see or hear what happened.

Quoting LiliM: You need to talk to the agency handling it. Once DH paid it to the agency, it was out of our hands. We could see where it cleared our bank and was credited to the CS case but nothing on exs end. Nor would they discuss her end of things with DH. Once he paid his end was done.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN