Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DH almost killed me dead just now... Update with pics

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM
  • 205 Replies
90 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

So, yesterday was my birthday. In general we do not exchange birthday gifts because as we see something the other would like we just get it for each other. I thought my birthday gift was getting my hair colored and going out to dinner on Sunday night.

Two days ago he tells me he's tracking a package. Doesn't say anything else. I think nothing of it because he has been ordering stuff for his Burning Man trip. He leaves in two weeks so I figured it was a last-minute purchase for his trip.

He texted me about 10 AM to ask me to prop open the gate so the UPS guy can make the delivery.

About 45 minutes ago there's a knock at my door. UPS.

AND HE IS DELIVERING THE TELESCOPE THAT I HAVE ONLY DREAMED OF HAVING!!!!!

When we first got together I had a dinky little telescope that cost maybe $100. It was all I could afford as a broke college student. That poor thing got me through my astronomy courses at school and promptly died shortly after I graduated.

From time to time I will look at telescopes and construct the one of my dreams. There was a website that I registered for where I had built my ultimate telescope and saved it to my account.

And that telescope is now sitting on the floor in my living room in boxes.

Just in time for the peak of the meteor shower tonight for my birthday week.

In 21 years together he has never been able to pull off a surprise like this. He has all my passwords so he got on the computer, found my account online and ordered my telescope for me. Without even telling me.

I feel like the luckiest woman on the planet right now to be married to a man who would do something this phenomenal for me.

Has anyone else ever been exquisitely shocked and surprised over a wonderful thing from their DH? I'd love to hear more stories of some good men. I am an eternal optimist so I figured a nice thread about good husbands would be a nice change.

Update: He assembled it as soon as he walked in the door but it was too cloudy for us to see anything once we got downstairs. In my excitement I forgot to bring my cane and ended up eating the pavement. I fell the hardest I think I have fallen in a very long time. For the first few seconds I actually thought I broke my wrist. I skinned up my knees really bad, fractured the base of my thumb where it meets my wrist and scared the shit out of my family. It was definitely a night to remember… LOL

Oh, and regardless of it all he still got rewarded with sex after DD went to bed. How could I do any less after the best surprise of my entire life?!?
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmama31709
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:41 PM
3 moms liked this
What a wonderful gift and what a thoughtful husband. You better give him something in return!😜
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Im pretty jealous over here!!!!!    

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:42 PM
8 moms liked this

We are terrible with surprises, but my DH does similar things. He just can't keep the secret ;)

Yay for real men making good husbands!

J.M.O.
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww!!! How sweet of him!! Happy Birthday mama & enjoy looking at the metor shower tonight with your awesome telescope.
cowgirlsmommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM
That is so awesome! I want to see it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!  You have a very thoughtful and caring husband.  It is refreshing to see a positive post about a husband.  Enjoy your telescope. 

JackAttacks
by Angel on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Awesome. Pics when you put it together.
BonnieRay
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Aw! That is so sweet :-)

When I was pregnant with our first child, DH got me a new ring with 'Yours Only' engraved on it when my finger got too swollen to wear my wedding ring. I love that man :-)
DarksMama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought the Burn already happened? I dunno, I'm out of the loop. Lol Great gift though!
elfling811
by Niki on Aug. 12, 2014 at 2:44 PM
2 moms liked this
As soon as I saw the box I already knew what his reward would be… LOL

Quoting lilmama31709: What a wonderful gift and what a thoughtful husband. You better give him something in return!😜
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)