Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Will I get in trouble for keeping my kids out of school for a month?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 350 Replies

If we are in between homes, states and moving?  We need to be out of our rental by the last day of August and we do not close on our house until the 30th of September.  I have been looking for long term rentals/vacation rentals in our future location so that I can move ahead of husband and get the kids in school.  I can not find anything that would be within our budget.  I could stay in a hotel for a month but with six kids that sounds miserable, the cheapest home that I can find for the month is about $5,000 and that is not even available on the weekends.  So I am contemplating staying in our current state with husband in our camper during the transition month.  Would I face any type of trouble besides the children struggling to catch up with school?  I am a bit lost on what to do here.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Yes.

KeepOnTryin
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:25 PM
21 moms liked this
Enroll them where you are living now. When you move, enroll them in their new schools. I'm very confused as to why you would keep them out of school. (?)
Texor
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep them in the school they're in now and transfer them. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:26 PM

As in legally? Even though we are transitioning?

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Yes.

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:26 PM
As long as you withdrawal them from their current school, you should be fine.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I would just enroll them for the month you will still be there. Then switch schools in your new state.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:27 PM
Bump!!
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:27 PM
So am I.

Quoting KeepOnTryin: Enroll them where you are living now. When you move, enroll them in their new schools. I'm very confused as to why you would keep them out of school. (?)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:27 PM

If we stay in our camper for a month it is no where near where we are currently living or enrolled.  It is about 2 hours away.

Quoting KeepOnTryin: Enroll them where you are living now. When you move, enroll them in their new schools. I'm very confused as to why you would keep them out of school. (?)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
They should start school where you are now and when you move, you start them in school there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)