Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do oil field men really cheat?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband started the oil field. I keep hearing stories how oil field men cheat. Is this true?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 12, 2014 at 6:28 PM
Replies (71-74):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:03 AM
This is what I was going to say. I've been around it for many years and wifes cheat just as much if not more.

Quoting LuvmyAiden:

The oil patch destroys many marriages. While cheating is rampant in the men who work in it, it is also VERY common in the wives. Too many days/weeks/months alone. It can work but it isn't easy on the family. I've lived it for 8 years with my dh working both domestic and international. It isn't easy. Good, loyal oilfield wives are a very different breed for sure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:08 AM
I didnt realize :/ i was just throwing an idea out to help her.

Quoting Anonymous: ND is exspensive! Housing near the fields is also very hard to find.

Quoting Anonymous: Why not move to ND so he doesnt have to be away from you all? I could never be apart from my husband that long. I got married to have a husband, not his paycheck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:11 AM
My husband gets off of work talks to me on Facebook for a hour or two and then sleeps.

Quoting Anonymous: With what time? Lol We live out in ND and my hubby works the oil fields. He works. 80+ hours a week. He gets off work and sleeps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 14, 2014 at 1:12 AM
I appreciate the idea.

Quoting Anonymous: I didnt realize :/ i was just throwing an idea out to help her.

Quoting Anonymous: ND is exspensive! Housing near the fields is also very hard to find.

Quoting Anonymous: Why not move to ND so he doesnt have to be away from you all? I could never be apart from my husband that long. I got married to have a husband, not his paycheck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN