Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another mom blamed my kid *update*

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:39 AM
  • 38 Replies
Update: full story on page 3

Today my child was over at a friend's house. When I got there at pick up time I was told that she caught her kid doing something bad but she believed it was all my child's idea. I really need some advice about this from other moms but don't want to post the details here incase the other mom is on here too. I am certainly not saying my child had nothing to do with it, she could have, but the other mom claims her child never would have done that, could some kind mom please PM me and help me figure out what to do?
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:43 AM
Talk to your child, ask what happened, and explain from there. Something said my son humped her, turns out it was all a lie. The girl was hoping if she said that her dad would be happy (he told her to say it) and that her dad would stick around with her.
yksmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Any mom who believes "my kid would never do that if your kid hadn't made her do it" is delusional. Let it go.

You can pm me if you think the details will change my answer.
Mumof2ferals
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:45 AM

I agree with this 100%

Quoting yksmom: Any mom who believes "my kid would never do that if your kid hadn't made her do it" is delusional. Let it go. You can pm me if you think the details will change my answer.

kadcas
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:54 AM
I have been the parent who said "my kid would never..." then my son told me yeah mom I did it. So find out the facts as best you can. Your son was there so point out his responsibility in it, but remember you really want the honest, yeah I did that. If you feel that your son did not instigate, just let it go. The mother will have to figure out her kids issues and your kid does not need to be a target. Good luck.

Quoting yksmom: Any mom who believes "my kid would never do that if your kid hadn't made her do it" is delusional. Let it go.

You can pm me if you think the details will change my answer.
babie113
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Is it me or did you post this twice one under anon?
HappyShadow
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Yeah my kid said the mom totally went off on her and kept saying she knew her kid didn't come up with the idea, the other kid blamed her and my kid said it was both their ideas, it involved an item my child had never seen before though and while my kid should have known by what it did that it was dangerous but no rules were laid out about this item that was left out in the open so I feel like the other kid must have been involved too, especially because the other kid was the one caught using it. My problem is that my kid still loves this friend and wants to keep playing with the other kid but my husband doesn't even want the kid coming over here anymore because he's scared if the other kid got hurt or went home and said we spanked them or something (we would never) that the other parents would try to sue us or open a child abuse case on us or something. I just don't know what to do.
HappyShadow
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:57 AM
Oh, did I? This is my first time on cafemom so I don't know exactly what I am doing.

Quoting babie113: Is it me or did you post this twice one under anon?
babie113
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:04 AM
I guess so ...both posts showed up on my page next to each other .this one and an exact copy under anon ...thought I was going mad for a second

Quoting HappyShadow: Oh, did I? This is my first time on cafemom so I don't know exactly what I am doing.

Quoting babie113: Is it me or did you post this twice one under anon?
yo_ho
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Ask your kid. Tell him/her that they aren't in trouble, you just want to know what happened.

HappyShadow
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:09 AM
My kid said that they saw the item and asked to play with it and the other kid said, "I guess my mom won't mind".

Quoting yo_ho:

Ask your kid. Tell him/her that they aren't in trouble, you just want to know what happened.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)