Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bedwetting and sleep overs

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
My 7 year old just moved up an age group at our churchs kid's club. The group he is in now has slumber parties at the church twice a year. I know he will be well cared for since the leader has 6 amazing boys and my brother is a leader as well so he'll be there. But my son still wets the bed and bad. Even with a pull up on it's easy to smell it and he leaks through it a lot of times.
Im leaning towards just letting him go for the evening then calling me when they're heading to bed. I don't want him to be teased for it.
What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:18 PM

bump

PoisonEyeV
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:20 PM

I would probably do the same.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:20 PM
My 10dd has the same issue (been to drs there is nothing they can do. It's a hormone issue ) we are on a medication that has helped her. Granted it has not fixed the issue but it helps
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:22 PM

I think that is the best idea. 

Have you tried limiting his fluid after dinner and making him go to the bathroom right before bed? I use to wake my son up before I went to bed and make him use the bathroom to try and stop the bed wetting. It helped but not always. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:23 PM

DS has the same problem. I would suggest talking to someone who will be in charge their and see if it is possible for them to wake him up at some point. You could also find out the times that they will be going to bed and waking up. Maybe if it is shorter amount of time then what he is used to he will be ok if his drinks are limited. You may also want to look into a different kind of pull ups. The kind I buy for DS holds the smell back pretty well.

gabenmikeysmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Have you tried a bedwetting alarm?
hisgirl616
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM
I would do the same. I have a bedwetter and we don't do sleepovers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:53 PM
He has SPD and has a hard time feeling when he has to go even during the day. If we get him up at night he's worse during the day because he's tired. It takes him forever to go back to sleep.
He pees before bed

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I think that is the best idea. 

Have you tried limiting his fluid after dinner and making him go to the bathroom right before bed? I use to wake my son up before I went to bed and make him use the bathroom to try and stop the bed wetting. It helped but not always. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:54 PM
What kind?

Quoting Anonymous:

DS has the same problem. I would suggest talking to someone who will be in charge their and see if it is possible for them to wake him up at some point. You could also find out the times that they will be going to bed and waking up. Maybe if it is shorter amount of time then what he is used to he will be ok if his drinks are limited. You may also want to look into a different kind of pull ups. The kind I buy for DS holds the smell back pretty well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:55 PM
His urologist doesn't want me to try anything like that until 10

Quoting gabenmikeysmom: Have you tried a bedwetting alarm?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)