Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am i wrong

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

I have  2 toddlers and a  10 mo baby.  When we go to park i try to stay away from other people unless there is only one child with a parent on a playground. If there are a lot of children we just go somewhere else. I feel overwhelmed and can not control the situations when there are a lot of children, people, etc. 

dh says that i need to socialize and meet other people/make friends, but. Just cant. 

Am i really wrong for avoiding which seems for me difficult situations? How to deal with it?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:18 AM
Yes you are wrong. If you run away and avoid anything that is a challenge then you are setting yourself up for failure.
Rust.n.Gears
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:20 AM
That's not ok. I would be getting help for that.
228mommy922
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:21 AM
I don't make things more difficult on myself than I have to either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:21 AM

I feel like chasing my crawling baby and my active toddlers is already a challenge by itself, so i cant imagine adding more to it

Quoting mom2acutiepie: Yes you are wrong. If you run away and avoid anything that is a challenge then you are setting yourself up for failure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:22 AM
I don't think you're wrong at all. Why overwhelm yourself.
MollyAlex
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:22 AM
No. You're not wrong. I have terrible anxiety and it's worsened by social situations. I think that if a situation makes you uncomfortable and you're not robbing your children of a significant experience (ie- they want to play tball but you won't allow it because you don't want to see people or domething like that) then you're doing fine(:
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:22 AM
Not to mention the example it sets for the children.

No worries OP. I just made a big move and big changes are coming. One thing I'm trying to do is be more open and stepping outside of my comfort zone. Being more friendly. I'm hoping to make friends with moms :) for my kids and what that hopefully will bring.

Quoting mom2acutiepie: Yes you are wrong. If you run away and avoid anything that is a challenge then you are setting yourself up for failure.
ThisizShar
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:23 AM
Neh, i think it's ok. It can get overwhelming at times.. I avoid Chuckee cheese.. Bah, drives me nuts
mom2acutiepie
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:28 AM
Other people at the park shouldn't be a challenge. You shouldn't avoid going to the park because there are others there. You should be able to play and watch your children even if other people are around. Maybe I don't understand because I am easily able to do this with my children. I explain to them the behavior that is expected of them before we go places and they do it because if they don't there will be consequences.

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel like chasing my crawling baby and my active toddlers is already a challenge by itself, so i cant imagine adding more to it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:31 AM

I do the same thing most of the time.  I'm really introverted and hate, hate, hate trying to socialize with new people.  I'm just not a very social person and I've come to term with that.  I have a few close friends and that's it.  If you don't feel comfortable, it's not a rule that you have to socialize.  Do it only when you feel comfortable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)