Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
We are moving out of state in September. School starts the 26th where I currently live. Should I let my kids go to school a few weeks before moving out of state and when we move obviously they'll be changing schools. Or do I keep my kids out of school till we move out of state?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:26 AM
When does it start where you are moving too?
If it starts after your move wait and let them start there. If it starts before, I'd let them start before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Book.Strumpet
by Fountain.Pirate on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:40 AM

You put your children in school where you currently live, and then transfer them. When you move the new school will contact the old school, and verify missed days, grade level, grades, shot records, ect.

In most places, any days missed at the old school, will also count as missed attendance in the new school system. Most schools only allow for a week of missed attendance, with no doctors or legally accepted excuse, due to relocating to a new state. (Per SageAdvice)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:47 AM
Yes they need to start and then be transferred. Legally you could get in trouble if you dont. It could hurt the kids school wise as well.
Scarpetta71
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:24 AM

Put them in school where you are and then move them, for one thing I couldnt think of anything more stressful than having kids at home while trying to pack and more importantly they will learn a lot in 2 weeks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:26 AM
Should I warn the school we are leaving? I was thinking of getting the bare minimums on the school. I don't want to buy a years worth of supplies for three weeks.

Quoting Scarpetta71:

Put them in school where you are and then move them, for one thing I couldnt think of anything more stressful than having kids at home while trying to pack and more importantly they will learn a lot in 2 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)