Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He replied * A Christian post*

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:31 AM
  • 9 Replies

Matthew 8:23-27

Jesus Calms the Storm

23 Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24 Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”

26 He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

27 The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Tfs. You should do a little religious experiment, so to speak.. Make a post with a bible verse, then ask everyone what their interpretation is of that verse is. It would be interesting to see how many different people/religions have different understandings. Just an idea :)
lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Quoting Anonymous: Tfs. You should do a little religious experiment, so to speak.. Make a post with a bible verse, then ask everyone what their interpretation is of that verse is. It would be interesting to see how many different people/religions have different understandings. Just an idea :)

That would be interesting. one of these days I may try it.

lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:50 AM
Bump
lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:53 AM

bump

redheadstar
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:14 PM

I just loove that scripture

lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Me too!

Quoting redheadstar:

I just loove that scripture

witchqueen
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:54 PM

He's grouchy when he wakes up, isn't he?  These are the men who had left job and family behind to follow him.  But, of course, that isn't considered to be faith by their cranky leader.  That's just stupidity.  Interesting that the god-man didn't calm the storm while he was still asleep.  Only when he had been awakened.  And only if you believe the story of the anonymous writer who wrote it down--70 years later!  Because, of course, middle eastern people NEVER lie!

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 6:57 PM

I LOVE this idea!!

Quoting Anonymous: Tfs. You should do a little religious experiment, so to speak.. Make a post with a bible verse, then ask everyone what their interpretation is of that verse is. It would be interesting to see how many different people/religions have different understandings. Just an idea :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:48 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)