Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fleas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Where do you get your cat and dog flea medication. The vet is so $$. Do you use pet smart?? My vet said 1800petmeds has a lot of fake medication.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Bump
barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:13 AM

I get from TSC type stores. Beware of Hartz brand though. Have seen animals come in seizuring due to one of the drugs it contains goes in to the blood stream. 

Justine1123
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:15 AM
I got the seresto collar from my vet they also gave me a 20.00 rebate that I forgot to use. I think I saw it cheaper on foster and smith.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Walmart!! Their $3 flea collars work just fine.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:23 AM
Wash your pet in dawn if they already have fleas. If not then a knock off Front line works fine. We us Sentry brand drops. We just had to fight fleas. Our dog had to go to my DF's Grandparents over night. We had to pick the kids up from Chicago. When we got back(she was only there 28 hours) she was covered in fleas. Vigilant dawn baths and the Sentry brand stuff worked brilliantly. We haven't seen a flea since!!
thetrollcat
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:24 AM

the vet... I have heard too many horror stories on over the c ounter stuff

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:27 AM
Amazon or petsmart

We get Bayer advantage 2 or frontline.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:29 AM
We only buy flea drops from the vet a good friends little poodle had a bad reaction to a name brand flea drops from Walmart.
MrsCountryMama
by Beth on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Only from the vet it is more expensive but puts our minds at ease.
MamaTwinkleA
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:34 AM
We got this as well, 1 for a cat, and 1 for a large dog. It works so well!

Though I should say that even though it killed the fleas on both animals my cat had a reaction to the collar. It made all the hair around the collar fall oit and made jim extremely itchy. I called the company and this happens is 1% of all animals but modtly in cats, they gave me a full refund and took a report.

Quoting Justine1123: I got the seresto collar from my vet they also gave me a 20.00 rebate that I forgot to use. I think I saw it cheaper on foster and smith.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)