Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Of course they are angry.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies

Someone in my city shot multiple people yesterday, including himself.  He died, and one of the people he shot was killed.

The family and friends of the shooter are getting huffy about the victims families talking about him.  They are angry.  They have every right to be.  Yet, shooters family keeps calling them disrespectful because he just died.

So did the man he just killed.

I have some of them on my FB.  One of them happens to be a child of the man killed.  She is, understandably, shaken up.  She also had the shooter as a friend (they all knew each other).  His family are acting so up-in-arms that they are angry about this.  WTH?

Yes, the shooters family is grieving, too.   I actually think it could possibly be worse to have to deal with mourning a murderer. He was apparently a nice person before the snap. I can't imagine what they are going through.  But what right in hell do they have to tell people not to talk about him?  He just shot and/or killed their family!

I also feel guilty for being relieved when I figured out who it was.  I was terrified that it was my brother-in-law.  He lives in that area, and the shooting was apparently drug-fueled.  BIL has had a drug problem forever, and one of the reasons SO finally told him not to come around was because he was looking up guns and the FBI on his computer.  He hasn't been allowed back, but I know it would still kill SO if his brother had anything to do with it.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
two4one
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:15 AM

The killer's family has every right to grieve, but zero right to tell others to not talk about him. However, it seems that very often the perpetrator's family is just as fucked up as the perpetrator themselves. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)