Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You can't expect me to really do that!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
First off if you don't have anything nice to say, please don't reply(as if that would stop some of you but I thought I'd try). I got a jury summons in the mail yesterday. I suffer from severe ptsd and anxiety and honestly the thought of being in a building with all the security should be a relief but all I can think about is being stuck somewhere with all these people with no easy way out. When I go out(and it's rare) I have to be able to easily access and know the way out. My therapist says it's not uncommon. My question is..how do I get out ofjury duty and if i cant how do i get through it? Ladies..I am not doing well. Please help me with some ideas.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofthree0429
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

You need to contact your physician and get him to write a letter explaining your health condition.  

thetrollcat
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:20 AM

start chanting and acting crazy on your first day

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:22 AM
I mean will my therapist work? I don't do doctors either for the same reason as I cant do jury duty. My therapist works in a small office and theres never anyone there but me and her.

Quoting momofthree0429:

You need to contact your physician and get him to write a letter explaining your health condition.  

ShellLea
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Your doctor should be able to write you a statement saying that you are unable to do it because of your condition. My friend just did this a couple months ago.

momofthree0429
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:24 AM

The therapist should work.

Quoting Anonymous: I mean will my therapist work? I don't do doctors either for the same reason as I cant do jury duty. My therapist works in a small office and theres never anyone there but me and her.
Quoting momofthree0429:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:25 AM
I won't be chatting but I will be in a state of panic and I won't be able to talk and will freeze. I imagine they might think I'm crazy. I might end up across the street on the mental ward. And none of it would be an act.

Quoting thetrollcat:

start chanting and acting crazy on your first day

Piskie
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Talk to your therapist and see if you can go to the building. It might be possible and useful for you to do it. Don't say anything is impossible before you have a good look.
Your therapist might find a good technique with different circumstances
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:26 AM
Yes, that should work. You may still have to appear on the first day if they don't excuse you beforehand (different courts handle excuses in different ways).

Quoting Anonymous: I mean will my therapist work? I don't do doctors either for the same reason as I cant do jury duty. My therapist works in a small office and theres never anyone there but me and her.

Quoting momofthree0429:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:26 AM
I sure hope so. Ty

Quoting ShellLea:

Your doctor should be able to write you a statement saying that you are unable to do it because of your condition. My friend just did this a couple months ago.

Jenny0123j
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:27 AM

My dh works at the courthouse in our county. I read this post to him and he said it depends on your states exemption laws, but it may be possible for you to send a Dr note to the judge and the judge let you out of it.

I understand the anxiety and really hope it works out for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)