Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Already late! Third day of school.

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:52 AM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this
I really did set an alarm, I swear. Either I turned it off in my sleep or slept through it but I didn't wake up until 7:40. Ran upstairs (OK it was more of a walking dead shuffle), woke my son with a "we're late, I overslept" salutation. He jumped out of bed and was dressed before I even got out of the bathroom. Couldn't find my keys, oh right, where I left them last night. Ran to Hardee's where half the known world was also getting breakfast, then on to the middle school. Got there right at 8:10 and everyone was streaming from gym and cafeteria to home room. Dropped him as close to his building as possible. Whew! I feel like I've run a marathon lol.

I was able to get him a couple of school shirts at the office after I dropped him so maybe I redeemed myself lol.
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:53 AM

oh yuk! fastfood for breakfast? *vomits*

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Not usually but we didn't have time for anything else lol.

Quoting thetrollcat:

oh yuk! fastfood for breakfast? *vomits*

ShellLea
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:56 AM

I set two alarms and put my phone on the other side of the room so I don't do that. I hate those mornings, screws up my whole day.

TwoPennies
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:56 AM
3 moms liked this
Oh c'mon ladies! Cut her some slack. Hardee's won't kill the kid before home room today and neither will having his mom wake him up for school. It's her kid, her morning, and her cute story.
You have a way with storytelling OP, made me chuckle.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:56 AM
I have never met an alarm clock that would get him up lol. Besides on the days I'm off, I take him to school.

Quoting Anonymous:

he's in middle school and doesnt have an alarm clock ?

wakymom
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:57 AM

Today was day 2 for us. Luckily, I only overslept by 10 mins, so everyone made it out the door and to their bus stops on time!

The first week back is sooo hard!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:00 AM
He's in middle school. He needs to figure a way to get himself up. These are the years you should be grooming him to be more responsible for himself.

Quoting bleumonster: I have never met an alarm clock that would get him up lol. Besides on the days I'm off, I take him to school.

Quoting Anonymous:

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Thank you. He only ate half his biscuit anyway.

He will sometimes wake up to his phone but not consistently and I have heard it ring for 20 minutes before I finally went and woke him up lol. When we were still trying alarm clocks, he slept through one for an hour one time on the weekend. That sucker was loud too. It finally woke me up downstairs through two closed doors.

Quoting TwoPennies: Oh c'mon ladies! Cut her some slack. Hardee's won't kill the kid before home room today and neither will having his mom wake him up for school. It's her kid, her morning, and her cute story.
You have a way with storytelling OP, made me chuckle.
Kimicora
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:03 AM

I have an alarm clock called sonic boom, I have NO idea if it'd work for you son though, it doesn't work for my DH, it does for me though, Since i've been with Dh i've become a deeper sleeper because i just don't get as much sleep as i used to(this was even before the baby) and he literally relies on me to tell him the alarms are going off because being bitched at by me because the loud sounds are annoying the shit out of me are the only reason he gets up ontime every morning. I wish he slept lighter...it'd make things easier.

http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-SBB500ss-Vibrating-Alarm-Clock/dp/B000OOWZUK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1407934800&sr=8-2&keywords=Sonic+boom

Also, Fun story, I used to hate school, so much, that I used to sneak into my mothers room do an army crawl and turn off her alarm clock, Reason I did it? If mom over slept they called us into school and I didn't have to go. I know it was rediculious i think the last time i did it was 7th grade, but still, when she finally found out she gave me the mom look, like really? she shrugged it off She didn't find out till i moved out of her house, we laugh about it now.Oh and the 200 times in 1 year i went to the nurses office to try to get out of school, because stress causes me migraines and I was getting bad ones daily.

Quoting bleumonster: I have never met an alarm clock that would get him up lol. Besides on the days I'm off, I take him to school.
Quoting Anonymous:

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Yeah I know. I will have him set his alarm this year on his phone. He doesn't always wake up to it but he needs to get used to it. His sister had the same problem and she finally got used to getting herself up by high school. She was already gone by the time I got up this morning.

Quoting Anonymous: He's in middle school. He needs to figure a way to get himself up. These are the years you should be grooming him to be more responsible for himself.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)