Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am not going to be paying for a parking permit and my DS is pissed!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
A parking permit for my DS to park his car at the school is $560 each semester. I told DS I wasnt going to pay for it because it is a waste of money and honestly we dont have it last year when he turned 16 and was looking into driving this year

Well I guess he didnt think I was being serious because he has been sending the paper work to me over and over

I sat him down last night and told him that there was no way I was going to be paying for all that. He is pissed off. He is going to be the "only" person in his grade who doesnt drive to school.

I told him that life isnt always fair.

We live less than half a mile to school. It takes a few minutes to walk there or 2 minutes if I drive him.

Now he is "never going to talk to me again"
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:01 AM
8 moms liked this

Sorry I'm cracking up. LUCKY YOU he's never going to talk to you again. HOLD him to that.   LOL

Amy_M
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Wow!!!  That is a ton of money for a parking pass.  I wouldn't pay for it either

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Tell him if he wants it so bad he can pay for it himself. If he's going to be driving he needs to be responsible for all of the expenses that come up from it.

mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Can.he park.on the street?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Nope

Quoting mrswillie: Can.he park.on the street?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Why is it so expensive? My BIL goes to Baylor and his permit to park is not even close to that. And that school charges for everything, lol

epoh
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Yup yup yup. We just had a whole summer he could've saved money during that he could've used to pay for the things he wants.

Quoting jadedcynic:

Tell him if he wants it so bad he can pay for it himself. If he's going to be driving he needs to be responsible for all of the expenses that come up from it.

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Our kids can park for free. All seniors can park and most juniors.
Why is there a fee for parking?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:05 AM
That is just the cost. I think it has to do with the number of spots and the number of students. There is not enough parking for every 16+ year old

Quoting Anonymous:

Why is it so expensive? My BIL goes to Baylor and his permit to park is not even close to that. And that school charges for everything, lol

ladyvamp5489
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:05 AM

in HIGH SCHOOL?  I have never heard of having to pay to park in the high school parking lot.  Thats just odd to me. I wouldnt pay either, walking is good for him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)