Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2yo home alone, wandering outside w/ dog

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:01 AM
  • 16 Replies
Yesterday around this time, our neighbors small white dog, like a maltese, was outside, not on a leash. Some neighborhood kids about 5 or 6, were harassing & kicking the dog.

I sent my DF outside to take the dog home & explain what happened, and then their 2 year old came outside. DF walked them both to the door & knocked. The 2yo went inside. No one came to the door despite my df knocking for a long time & the dog still being outside

We called the cops but I doubt anyone answered the door, seeing as it appeared the kid was home alone. They were in a shared parking lot on the corner of 2 residential roads where construction is being done, the boy & dog both could of been killed. Wwyd?
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Call the cops. 

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:02 AM

just what you did. I'm sure the police handled it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
did the police come
Amy_M
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Did he leave before the cops showed up? I would have waited until I knew he was safe

xixCandyxix
by Candy on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:05 AM
The kid went inside but no one returned to the door. We left & called the cops as we had other things to do, so idk what happened after. Plus we weren't about to go inside someone's apartment, I'm sure that would have been a problem if anyone saw. I know the kid was home still, this time with a parent.

Quoting Amy_M:

Did he leave before the cops showed up? I would have waited until I knew he was safe

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:05 AM
I'd have called the cops and then took the dog.
xixCandyxix
by Candy on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:08 AM
We did call the cops. However I can't have a dog, its against our lease & I don't want to get in trouble for stealing a dog either

Quoting AliKatAK47: I'd have called the cops and then took the dog.
NipplePirate
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Called the cops and cps and waited until at least one of them showed up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Did you at least wait for the cops to show up?
xixCandyxix
by Candy on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:11 AM
I called the cops & I'm sure if the were found to be alone they'd call cps. I'm gonna call both myself if it happens again. Unfortunately, I only return home to get dressed then leave for work, so I don't usually have time to wait up for anyone.

Quoting NipplePirate: Called the cops and cps and waited until at least one of them showed up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)