Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
OK I have to start out by saying that I DO have mental illness because that's what this is going to sound like.
I don't know if anyone else has ever experienced that sad feeling of being melancholy. I'm sitting here listening to old country that my mama used to play and looking at dusty old photos.
Don't get me wrong, I love my family. I don't want to commit suicide or need to be hospitalized. I'm just having a day.
My mama has terminal breast cancer and my daddy has dementia (he's in a nursing home). My mama is seriously thinking of signing herself into the same nursing home. Other than my SO and SD and one aunt I have no other family.
I look at my pictures and think how much I'd do different. I'm not a mean or difficult person. But I guess I would be more nice and helping.
What sucks is that I'm on a medication that makes it hard for me to cry. I call it the crusty med. Makes me exude a tough exterior. But I still cry inside.
Just was wondering if anyone else gets melancholy. And what, if anything, do you do to help yourself.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm on Effexor and it makes it difficult for me to cry too. I do get down in the dumps, I usually read to escape to awhile.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)