Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let your son drive?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

One of my neighbors had three boys.  Her oldest was killed by a drunk driver 3 days after he turned 17.  He was on his way home from school.   Her middle boy was also killed in a car accident when he was 17.  He was hit by a tractor trailer.  Now her youngest just turned 16 and wants to drive.  Needless to say...she is scared to death. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:34 AM

bump

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Oh wow that poor woman.  I don't know what I'd do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Quoting spunky946:

Oh wow that poor woman.  I don't know what I'd do.

I can't even imagine.  Her son does yard work for us.  He was talking about how he wants to drive yesterday.  He said his mom refuses to let him take drivers ed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Wow, that's really sad. Of course I'll be freaking scared to let him drive especially after losing 2 children's from car accidents. But I won't stop him from driving because I can't hold him forever and protect him from not driving.
gcstar42
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Oh wow, that's sad. It would be really really hard to let a kid drive after that, but of course you have to let them eventually. I would probably have to at least ease into it though. Like start with short trips close to the neighborhood and in the day time and work up from that.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:45 AM

That is so sad. I dont know what I would do. Obviously it would scare the crap out of me, yet at the same time I would know that I couldn't stop him forever.

heidi749
by Canadian on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:51 AM

That is just so sad.I would want to put him in a bubble to be honest, but I really do not think it is fair for him, to not let him, due to the fear.. Although perfectly rational on her part, he does have to grow up, and if he wants to drive, it say's a lot about him, not allowing that to stand in his way, they were his brother's...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)