Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No. You don't pay all the bills....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

My neighbor was complaining about having to pay all the bills in their home.  She is a SAHM.  She doesn't have income.  She may take care of the bills and ensure they are paid...but the way I see it...the money is family money.  Earned by her husband while she stays home with the baby and toddler. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
228mommy922
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

texasgirl77
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Yeah, it's definitely family money. She certainly doesn't pay all the bills but that seems like an odd thing for a SAHM to complain about.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Ok
amandajoy21
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I wouldn't be complaining if my only bill responsibility is sending the check every month. I actually pay all the bills every month. I bring home all the income and send out the payments in time. She should be grateful that her DH makes enough to support her staying home with her children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Quoting texasgirl77: Yeah, it's definitely family money. She certainly doesn't pay all the bills but that seems like an odd thing for a SAHM to complain about.

I was a bit confused.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:35 AM
Maybe she's annoyed by the process of bill paying? She doesn't like dealing with finances?
texasgirl77
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:35 AM
If she was saying she hates the act of actually sitting down to send out payment for all the bills, I could understand.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting texasgirl77: Yeah, it's definitely family money. She certainly doesn't pay all the bills but that seems like an odd thing for a SAHM to complain about.

I was a bit confused.

Mandymb
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:36 AM
I assume she's referring to the process itself. Yes my husband makes our money but I'm the one who makes sure all the bills get paid and I don't enjoy "paying the bills" either.
bookwormx4
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:37 AM
I hate doing the budget and the bills. I do it, but it annoys the hell out of me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:37 AM
She soubds a bit lazy and unappreciative.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)