Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am i the only one

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
That does not care if kids are exposed to some religion in school? (Example my school used to have a group that met in the morning and prayed in front of the school it was not mandatory It was by choice, religious shirts, necklaces or other symbols) I am not Christan and it does not bother me at all.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cocomicah
by time lord on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:03 AM
I went to catholic schools all my life.. But it doesn't bother me if someone chooses or decides not to follow a religion. I never had a problem with the noncatholics at my schools either lol.
mysticatgal
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM
As long as it's fair and goes to all religions. I want my kids informed on different beliefs not forced into only knowing Christianity.
Lunarprancer
by Sapphire Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM
I want her exposed to different belief systems.
dbrown1989
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Well, no you're not. But I also will send my kids to Catholic school so clearly I'm okay with it.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
DS goes to private Lutheran school, I'd be annoyed if he DIDN'T get any religion, lol.
julie515
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:06 AM
I see no problem with there being different religions. I think it would be helpful because then my children would be able to ask questions to someone who practices the religion.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I dont care if people wear clothes or jewelry or something regarding religion. I think talking about it and such should be left out though. It is to much of a hot topic and to many people have different opinions that it causes issues.

Laura1427
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I believe all children should be free to express themselves in school. That includes prayer, talking about their beliefs with their friends, even organizing groups for like minded kids. This goes for all religions and for secularists. 

I do not believe it should be backed/run by the school.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

As long as they respect ours, we respect theirs.

Cross that line and be prepared for a Hail Satan and a friendly offer to sacrifice a goat in their honor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Why? People need to learn to. Respect other peoples beliefs and if they are hidden from them that is hard to do. Prayer in public is not a big deal. I do agree that people should go oh I'm right your wrong but a discussion should not be disallowed expecialy if one person is curious and asks another.

Quoting Seagodess:

I dont care if people wear clothes or jewelry or something regarding religion. I think talking about it and such should be left out though. It is to much of a hot topic and to many people have different opinions that it causes issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)