Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you really think the grass will be greener on the other side????

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM
  • 103 Replies

Afterall, that is what people think when they commit suicide. Thinking the grass will be greener on the other side. Will it? If you are not happy with this life, what makes you think you will be happier in the next life?

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
casah4
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:47 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't believe in a "next life".  I will simply cease to exist, which is better than suffering now.

thetrollcat
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:48 AM
3 moms liked this

ok lets take that theory... Say we only get one chance to live, to have a life, to exist... You are given that chance and its the ONLY chance. Logic says why not fight for that chance????

Quoting casah4:

I don't believe in a "next life".  I will simply cease to exist, which is better than suffering now.

pinkdaisy8864
by GlitterMomfia on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this

And screw all the people you leave behind, the ones that are left to suffer because they miss you.

You forgot that part, selfish random that I don't know.

Quoting casah4:

mombear55
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:50 AM
3 moms liked this
In my opinion, I think if one commits suicide it's a possibility they may not be accepted in Heaven. At least from what the bible says. It's a sin to do so. I felt a little suicidal when my mom suddenly passed on. But then something told me I wouldn't be able to see her if I did. It wasn't my time. God is the judge in the end.
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:50 AM
I thought suicide belief was that you went to hell so I wouldn't think hell would be better. I think they see death as more finite ending the suffering they perceive.
casah4
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Well, in my case (and I can only speak for myself), I have fought. Constantly. I've had psychiatrists, therapists, numerous medications and I'm still right where I started. My doc has no more meds to give me. He put me back on meds I've been on years ago (which didn't work then and aren't working now.) So why continue to fight in anguish when you don't see any solution to the problem?

Quoting thetrollcat:

ok lets take that theory... Say we only get one chance to live, to have a life, to exist... You are given that chance and its the ONLY chance. Logic says why not fight for that chance????

Quoting casah4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:52 AM
3 moms liked this

Suicidal people do not think logically. Their only thought is the suffering and pain they are going through and want to end it. People get tired of suffering and feeling the pain.

casah4
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:52 AM

So their selfishness (not wanting to suffer their loss) is ok when my selfishness is not?  Why is that the socially acceptable answer?

Quoting pinkdaisy8864:

And screw all the people you leave behind, the ones that are left to suffer because they miss you.

Quoting casah4:

thetrollcat
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Well speaking of religion, I believe that God himself should show sympathy to those that indeed suffer here on earth afterall, he made them, he gave them cancer, depression, took their legs, arms, whatever. I am a little disturbed by such grudge holding God to think we will be comfortable and happy in a heaven that is contantly watching over you - JUDGING YOU hell as far as Im concerned, the bible describes CM as heaven itself....

No offense but really, even that fits in my line of is the grass really greener in heaven?

I have no judgement regards to whether or not suicide is a sin, I just know that you got ONE chance to live this life, and the best decision you can make, is live it to your fullest. A lot of people that commit suicide hardly struggle compared to someone that suffers from cancer or illness all their lives.

Quoting mombear55: In my opinion, I think if one commits suicide it's a possibility they may not be accepted in Heaven. At least from what the bible says. It's a sin to do so. I felt a little suicidal when my mom suddenly passed on. But then something told me I wouldn't be able to see her if I did. It wasn't my time. God is the judge in the end.

pinkdaisy8864
by GlitterMomfia on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Maybe it isn't. Unless they're kids.

Then it is.

Quoting casah4:

So their selfishness (not wanting to suffer their loss) is ok when my selfishness is not?  Why is that the socially acceptable answer?

Quoting pinkdaisy8864:

Quoting casah4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)