Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So the other day a lady was complaining about meal planning...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies
1 mom liked this
And saying only fat people think about dinner in the morning. Well so far I've made hard boiled eggs for lunches and snacks, bread pudding because we needed to use up a loaf of home made sweet bread. I'm making chicken stock for soup later this week and I'm cooking cauliflower for the cauliflower pizza crust we will be making pizza with for dinner.

And now I'm about to make lunch. :)

We aren't fat. I make everything from scratch and we plan ahead. Plus I'm busy in the evenings helping with homework and playing with kids. I don't want to be trying to come up with a healthy and delicious dinner at the last minute.

What are you all making?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Tonight is chicken with stuffing and asparagus. Tomorrow I'll throw a roast in the crockpot. Friday we might be at a picnic or we might be home, so nothing planned. Saturday is homemade pizzas!
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:06 AM
I am not over weight, but I am a big foodie. I love to eat, cook, grocery shop, meal plan, looking at food, read recipes. I don't see the big deal.
TwoPennies
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this
When I cook all I make is a mess. Usually one that involves the local volunteer fire department. Nice group of boys.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Lol. I burn stuff on occasion when I get distracted. I'm getting pretty good about stuff though.

Quoting TwoPennies: When I cook all I make is a mess. Usually one that involves the local volunteer fire department. Nice group of boys.
supermama322
by Kaylee on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Glazed sweet potato wraps for dinner tonight. Bruschetta and homemade french bread for a snack later. Dh made the bruschetta this morning
MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Cauliflower pizza crust sounds so good!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:10 AM
I think you have way too much time on your hands
Seagodess
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:11 AM

We are having spaghetti with our left over meatballs. So all I have to do is boil the noodles and heat the meatballs and sauce.

Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I meal plan to avoid the "what the hell is for dinner?" frustration.  PLUS, I spend way less at the store every 2 weeks.  I plan out my menu and make a list to go with it.  Unlike my SIL who goes every 2 days to buy "whatever" to last a couple of days.  She spends maybe $30-$50 every couple of days.  I spend abouty $150-$200 every 2 weeks and am feeding 4 (she feeds 2-3, based if her DD will be home for dinner).  

Today, I made mine and 10 year old dd's breakfast (she's home from school, sick), boiled eggs for snacks/lunches for DH and will cook my chicken for dinner while I heat up lunch (last night's leftovers).  Tonight's dinner is Chicken Thai Noodle Bowls and my chicken needs to be cooked already.  I'll make dessert nachos after dinner.  Dessert is a rare thing around here, so, I'm making it tonight! 

ladyvamp5489
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

im going to be making hamburger buns and bread for this weekend, i too cook from scratch. Im overweight so is dh but we are working on it as a family. I have lost 50 lbs since last summer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)