Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I would like to know why..No more napping time in kindergarten..and he's only 5.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 475 Replies
Monday was the first day of school for my ds so after school when I picked him and he kept complaining in the car he was really tired and then within 5 minutes he fell asleep in the car..so now I'm wondering why the school doesn't allow napping time I mean not even 30minutes of nap time. Now I'm concerned and the school year just began...I'm wondering will this affect his grades. How in the hell is he going to stay focused and alert from 7:40am- 2;40pm..does your child's kindergarten teacher do this too? :/
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:39 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:40 AM
5 moms liked this
Public Schools here don't hav3 nap time and are full day.
I home school but my kids stopped napping at 2.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:41 AM
5 moms liked this

That is part of the reason we opted out of kindergarten, they expect way too much out of them at such a young age. 

I fully believe that kindergarten should be half days or allow an hour nap time. 

Mom-to-2kids
7 moms liked this
I honestly didn't know schools still did naps. He will be fine, just give him time to adjust.
peanutsmommy1
4 moms liked this

Ds's full day K didn't have naps either, most 5 year olds don't nap anymore anyway

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:41 AM
DS didn't nap in Kindergarten either, he was fine.
Maries_Mom23
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:41 AM

I didn't get nap time in Kindergarten and I'm 35.  There are no naptimes in our county.  And our girls survived!  Considering neither of them took regular naps after age 2, it was all good.  

amandajoy21
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:42 AM
Out school doesn't have nap time for kindergartens either. For the first two weeks they get 10 minutes of quiet time that slowly gets weaned away. Shift his bedtime so that he is getting enough sleep at night and he will adjust to not napping during the day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

My dd went to 2 schools for kindergarten, the first one they had a "rest time" where the kids who still napped could nap but the kids who didn't just had to lay down and wait. I found it counter productive and pointless.

Her other school did not have anything like that. They definitely do not take naps in first grade, so it's probably a good time to start breaking the nap habbit. 

Laura1427
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:42 AM
4 moms liked this

K is the new 1st.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)