Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I walked out in the middle of my shift....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
I was at work and I really wasnt feeling good. I had already tried to call in sick but I couldnt find a replacement and neither could they.

Well I am at work and felt horrible and like I was going to puke. I was trying to get away to the bathroom because I knew it was going to happen and they wouldnt let me go.

So I said "fuck this I'm done" and ran to the bathroom, puked, and went home

I am so done with their BS. I am done working for now and probably wont ever find another job and even if I do I wont need their reference
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:57 AM

awe im sorry. I never understood why an employer wants someone sick coming in. I was a boss for a long time and even tho I would usually have to suck it up and work the shift I never gave someone a hard time about it. 

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:58 AM
I would have done the same. They should have called in a manager. You're literally puking, you shouldn't be around customers or co workers and you should be at least allowed a break to go puke. Sorry, your not feeling well, get better soon
the.B.karma
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Crazy, even if they really needed you bad, you are about to throw up and they shouldn't have ignored that.... Really I would have done the same.

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:59 AM
I wouldn't want to work for superior that wouldn't let me go puke either. I may be an employee, but I'm still a human being.
PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:59 AM
10 moms liked this

Should have thrown up on their shoes and then left.

Cocomicah
by time lord on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Where do you work? That's like slavery lol I couldn't imagine working for someone who doesn't care about my personal needs.
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:00 PM

I hate employers who treat their employees like kindergarten students. You know when you are sick and if you have no history of poor attendance, they never should have questioned you. 

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Me too. I've missed important things to cover for sick employees. #3 took her first steps while I was covering a shift. DH had to end his vacation early to cover a sick employee. It's part of the job.

Quoting brettsmomma:

awe im sorry. I never understood why an employer wants someone sick coming in. I was a boss for a long time and even tho I would usually have to suck it up and work the shift I never gave someone a hard time about it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Costco

Quoting Cocomicah: Where do you work? That's like slavery lol I couldn't imagine working for someone who doesn't care about my personal needs.
amandajoy21
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:01 PM
My moms work is the same way. She works with heavy machinery and they wrote her up for missing two days of work because she had bronchitis. It was during the extremely cold winter and her doctor told her if she left the house during the -30F temps she would be in the hospital. She even brought in a doctors note saying she couldn't return until the third day and they still wrote her up. I have been trying to get her to quit for years but she doesn't want to start over at nearly 60.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN