Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you consider this obsession or love?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I was seeing this guy for about a year and a half and then moved in together for a while and it just didn't work out so I moved out. The day I moved he begged me literally for 8hrs straight not to leave. (On his knees) ever since I left he messages me on fb, calls and texts constantly. I didn't answer him the one day and he literally sent 34 texts in a 2-3hr period. I told him he's obsessed and needs help...he says it's not an obsession he just never loved someone so much. What do you ladies think.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

thats pretty scary. You really should just cut him off completely. It seems to me that he has hope still. I'm a very nice person in real life but even I realized some times you just gotta be mean. good luck! 

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:02 PM

It's sounds obsessive to me and certainly not a reaction that would have me coming back...

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:02 PM

I cant judge based on that info.

I could see someone in love doing something like that. However I could also see someone obsessed doing something like that.

DameDeLaMer
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:02 PM
It could, to me, mean obsession.

Or her could love you a whole lot and not know how to deal or control himself when it comes to contacting you. There were times I would have done just what he's done but I was able to refrain.

How long have yall been apart?
imamombygrace
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Yeah, I agree with the above poster. I would start distancing myself and blocking him from all contact. Does sound like obsession to me and bordering stalking just a bit.

highlandmum
by Spunky on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:05 PM

That is NOT love that is obsession.  You need to cut off all contact with him.

ragdoll7777
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Could be both, but I think it's creepy either way.  I don't think a "normal" person would do that, even if you're in love with someone, after being rejected once or twice our pride/ego eventually kicks in and we say FUCK IT.

KennyPooPoo22
This. The line can be thin and a bit blurred anyway. If you are not comfortable with his behavior, stop responding to him.

Quoting Seagodess:

I cant judge based on that info.

I could see someone in love doing something like that. However I could also see someone obsessed doing something like that.

HIJKLM
I think it's creepy. I don't care how much I love someone I'm not going to harass them until they come back. That's just foolish.
BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:09 PM
He sounds like my pos abusive ex.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)