Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Honestly...I'm Too Lazy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

My boyfriend is going gluten free which is going to take our food budget from about $400 a month to about $650 unless I decide to cut out carbs as well. Boy, do I love pasta and bread. My only other option is to make our own breads but I'm sooooo over that already. Seriously, I'm supposed to mix 4 types of flour?! Why can't I just drive 45 minutes to our closest Kroger and buy GF bread and spend the extra money? Oh...yeah...we just bought a house.

Guess who is looking at stand mixers and bread machines now? haha. I lost this battle.

Note: I sincerely love my boyfriend and I'm doing this for his best interest before he does his testing for Celiac Disease, which like EVERY person in his family has. (WHY at 26 is he just now considering this?!)

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:25 PM
You'll get used to it, and maybe BF can take turns with the bread making? ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:26 PM
I think a bread machine is going to be an awesome investment for you anyway, it might actually cut your budget in the long run. But I hear ya.. I'm too lazy for that shit too.
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Oh, go with the bread machine.....

I got one as a gift a couple of years ago and it is my absolute favorite thing in my kitchen. It makes my whole house smell like fresh baking bread and it's so easy! All I do is throw the ingredients in the pan, turn it on and 1-4 hours later (depending on the setting) I've got a fresh baked loaf of bread! :)

KylesWifey
by Go HAWKS!!!! on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:26 PM

You make great bread without a bread maker and that would save you money.

Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:27 PM

You spend $400 a month on how many people?

furbabymum
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:28 PM

4 different types of flour? What kind of bread are you making. As someone who has a bread machine and also likes to make random flavored breads I've never mixed 4 different types of flour. It's not that hard.

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this
He will mess up the tests if he goes gf before them. Wait until after all testing is done.
MommyJill87
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:28 PM
It seems daunting now but I'll become second nature.
MooseMomma
If he still is being tested for celiacs they say not to go gluten free until diagnosed officially. Going GF before hand can mess up test results. (I have a friend who is a celiac and hardcore about educating people)
evelynolivesmom

I'm no help. I love making my own bread by hand, way better than therapy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)