Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What school supplies do you keep at home?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:43 PM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this

DD is starting kindergarten and they have cummunial school supplies.  I think it is pretty common.

I intend to go out and buy crayons, markers, color pencils, and a ruler, some construction paper, plain white paper, ruled paper, a pencil sharpener, and some normal #2 pencils.  DH says I am being sillyand we won't need all that, but to me it seems really basic school supplies for home, to do homework and projects with.

So what supplies do you keep at home for homework and projects and stuff?  How do you organize it?

Love is Blind photo Love-is-Blind.gif

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TwoPennies
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:45 PM
#2 pencils, some colored pencils and notebook paper. Ds is in 4th,
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:45 PM

uh, a pencil?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM
My dd is in kindergarten also and I keep the same things at home, don't forget glue!
kidkrazyinAK
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Don't forget glue and scissors.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:47 PM

The only homework DS (going into 2nd grade) has had is reading, math and a coloring page. We have never needed anything more then crayons and pencils which I always have anyways. I always buy the spiril notebooks too when they are on sale. We use those a lot.

TheCupcakeMom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:47 PM

you really do not need all that at home for kindergarten. Crayons, maybe. A pencil, yes. But that's it. 

We have all that stuff regardless tho bc we do alot of arts n crafts.

KristaP13
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:47 PM

All the basics. Pencils, crayons, markers, glue, scissors, ruler, and paper. They are in the same cabinet as all the coloring stuff. When dd is older (she's 7) it will all go upstairs in the desk in her room, maybe even this year if she can prove she can be responsible and keep them organized. 

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I've never bought any extra supplies for the house. We already have that stuff lying around. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Pencils
Pencil sharpener
Crayons
Markers
Glue stick
Scissors
Shani527
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Pencils (we do mechanical at home. Crayons lined paper construction paper and glue. If they need anything else for special projects we go and get them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)