Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O - Young kids with cell phones. What's your backup plan?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:43 PM
  • 3 Replies

For those of you who have kids younger than teens, and you kid has their own cell phone.  What is your back-up plan?

Many of you give your kids cell phones so you can reach them as they are running around the neighborhood, or at practice or when they get home from school (or whatever reason you have).  Just based on what I read, it seems like a lot of you are very dependent on that phone to be able to get a hold of your kid or to know exactly where your kid is.

What happens when the phone is not working?  Maybe the battery died.  Maybe reception is poor and a call can't be made.  Maybe it keeps dropping the call.  Maybe it just froze up and won't do a damn thing.  All of these things have happened to DH and I with our cell phones and I can't get through to him when I wanted to.  So what do you do when you can't get through to your kid?  What is your back-up plan for knowing where they are or when they need to be picked up, if the phone is not working?

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Traci_Momof2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:08 PM

BUMP!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:11 PM
This has happened before. My kid borrowed another kids phone to make a call. Or with things like sports if they did not call around time when practice was over I would just head down in my car.
casah4
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:11 PM

They're usually around someone who has a phone. They can use that to call me.  And I always know where they are so I can just head that way if I need them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)