Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

worried I won't know if I go into preterm labor

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Or labor in general. I'm 29 weeks with my second child. My first I started having cramps around this time. Went to the hospital to get checked and found out I was dehydrated. I was also having contractions but I couldn't feel anything and I was dilated to 1. My doctor put me on light bed rest after that and every time I went back to the doc they would monitor me for a bit and I was still having contractions that I couldn't feel and I was dilating slowly. A week before my due date I was 4cm so my doc decided to induce me. So I'm really worried this time I won't realize I'm in labor until it's too late. It's even worse because now we live a little over an hour from my doc and the hospital. Everything seems to be fine now but I was cramping a little last night which has me worried.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Bump
BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:13 PM
So did you call your doctor or?
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Tell your OB your concern.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:17 PM
I see him next week and plan on talking to him about it. He is the same doc I had with my first so that helps

Quoting mommytoeandb: Tell your OB your concern.
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:19 PM
May I ask why you waited to ask? My first was born at 36 1/2 weeks. I was worried with my second, but my OB was not. Second was born at 38 weeks.

Quoting Anonymous: I see him next week and plan on talking to him about it. He is the same doc I had with my first so that helps

Indy3000
by Bowchicabowow on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:19 PM

I know what ya mean, i went into labor 1.5 months early my first and 1 month early my second, both times we lived over an hour from the hospital. I still woudl think that you would get there in time though unless your really far along (like dialated to a five or contractions super close together). Remember to stay hydrated and good luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:23 PM
I'm sorry but waited to ask what?

Quoting mommytoeandb: May I ask why you waited to ask? My first was born at 36 1/2 weeks. I was worried with my second, but my OB was not. Second was born at 38 weeks.

Quoting Anonymous: I see him next week and plan on talking to him about it. He is the same doc I had with my first so that helps

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:23 PM
My body does that. By 30 weeks I have always been at 1 cm and by 39 4/5 cms. It may be just how your body works. If you are in labor true labor you will know.
Indy3000
by Bowchicabowow on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:23 PM

Did you find out why you went early both times? I went at 34 weeks the first and then 36 weeks the second and they dont know why. I get nervous that I will go early with this one too

Quoting mommytoeandb: May I ask why you waited to ask? My first was born at 36 1/2 weeks. I was worried with my second, but my OB was not. Second was born at 38 weeks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 13, 2014 at 4:24 PM
I'm worried I won't know I'm in labor since with my first I never felt a single contraction

Quoting Indy3000:

I know what ya mean, i went into labor 1.5 months early my first and 1 month early my second, both times we lived over an hour from the hospital. I still woudl think that you would get there in time though unless your really far along (like dialated to a five or contractions super close together). Remember to stay hydrated and good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)