Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My dh is going to leave me because I got promoted!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 429 Replies
5 moms liked this
This is an awful situation! I got promoted at work, and dh thinks its because my boss has a crush on me! He wants me to quit! I think he's just jealous and I really really love my job, but will I have to quit to make dh happy? How do I convince him everything is okay?

UPDATE***** We had a really long talk after our ds was asleep, I told him that he should trust me, and he says he does but doesnt trust my boss. Something just rubs him the wrong way I guess. I have to respect his intuition. I cant retell the whole conversation it was so long but basically I'm not quitting, I'm just going to work harder at maintaining the professionalism between my boss and I and dh is going to work on his jealousy. He is not opposed to counselling like some of you have suggested so thats an option in the future! wish me luck! Thanks for everyone's comments its been really helpful!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:17 PM
93 moms liked this
If he leaves you over a job then you are better off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:18 PM
doesn't sound like you can to me ... if he's stubborn nothing short of quitting will help
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would he think that
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:20 PM
27 moms liked this
You can't. I would be offended if my husband thought I could only get a promotion if my boss had a crush on me.

You can't change his insecurities or his lack of trust in you.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:20 PM
5 moms liked this
He's being ridiculous, is he like this all the time? If so, you're better off without his nonsense.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

What kind of job is this exactly?

JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:21 PM
7 moms liked this

You shouldn't have to convince him...I wouldn't bother, honestly. It's an insult to you and your merits. 

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous: You can't. I would be offended if my husband thought I could only get a promotion if my boss had a crush on me. You can't change his insecurities or his lack of trust in you.

Spam72
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:21 PM
34 moms liked this
Help him pack.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:21 PM
5 moms liked this

Personally I would remember my wedding vows at this time.  I love my husband too much to let him be hurt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)