Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Something to think about for those complaining....

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:33 PM
  • 8 Replies
Found this interesting and I happen to agree

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5669455
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lunchforthesky
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:35 PM
My DD is 1 sooooo Idk. Lol My mom always loved taking us school shopping.
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I tend to agree as well.
I tend to assume people who complain about school supplies and whine that they aren't going to let THEIR supplies fall into the hands of anyone else are a bit off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Momniscient: I tend to agree as well. I tend to assume people who complain about school supplies and whine that they aren't going to let THEIR supplies fall into the hands of anyone else are a bit off.

I do also.  I do have to say though I had a friend that had a bad experience with school supplies at her school.  She sent in all the school supplies all at once at the beginning of the year.  Come to find out the extras that she sent in were taken and just disappeared.  She ended up having to buy more for her son. 

I buy everything but I don't send in all 20 pens at one time or all 24 pencils at one time. 

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:47 PM
2 moms liked this
We buy extra because I hate the idea of teachers spending their own money.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree and I love school supply shopping.  I'll often get extras just because:)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:48 PM
I spent $10 on required school supplies. Another $40 on what my kid needs for his ld
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:57 PM

I got a little upset last year because my oldest son's stuff got switched out. They don't do community supplies here, I've always bought extra for home to send back to stock up and for the teacher to keep in class.....so when all of his school supplies (minus his back pack and lunch box) that had HIS name on them were replaced with cheaper quality versions of them with another child's name obviously blacked out with a marker and his name written under it got me miffed. What made it worse is he got off the bus and took his things out of his back pack and told me his teacher did it because another boy in his class liked his things better and wouldn't stop making a scene until she ripped the things from my son and handed them over to the other boy.

I sent him to school with the exact stuff he had with a note for the teacher to make sure he got to keep his things this time, and next time there is an issue like that, I'd appreciate a phone call. I don't mind supplying things for other children, but don't take my child's things away to pacify a wailing brat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

We spent a whopping $30 on school supplies. This is including some extra glue/paper/markers etc. My mom is a teacher. I remember us being tight on money and it wasn't unusual to make a run to walmart for chalk(back when they used chalk boards), paper, pencils etc. It's insane that they spend their own money. I can't stand when people bitch about buying an extra box of crayons.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN