Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

14-year-old found living in Walmart store

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:34 PM
  • 12 Replies

Master of disguise: The unidentified boy eluded attention at the 24-hour store by changing clothes every few hours. Above, one of stash-piles found in the store

Home away from home: Above is the makeshift bed one 14-year-old boy used to camp out in a Walmart for four days

CORSICANA, Tx —

The young boy did more than move around the store. He nearly built himself a home.

One of the “campsites” was behind large boxes of baby strollers, and another was hidden by toilet paper and paper towels.

In order not to draw attention to himself, the teenager took clothes from the store and changed frequently.

“You never expect that you’re at Walmart, and someone has been living there for four days that crazy,” customer Myrna Aguilar told CBS 11.

Police in Corsicana, Texas confirm the boy made a hole in a wall of the drink aisle allowing him to take drinks without being noticed.

Cops say the 14-year-old was so worried about being caught, he wore diapers to avoid having to use the toilet.

Authorities say they found the young man by following a line of trash to one of his camps. Child Protective Services told KTXA the boy was visiting relatives when he slipped away.

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:38 PM
How sad. I hope he gets the help he needs. Clearly this is not a typical situation calling for legal consequences, but for helpful Intervention. Imagine how bad home mustve been to make wearing diapers and sleeping on shelves more appealing. Heartbreaking.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:41 PM

I know.  I read in another article "

CPS says they are usually called in to investigate cases like this but they haven't in this instance.

Walmart isn't expected to file criminal charges.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2723858/How-one-14-year-old-boy-lived-Walmart-FOUR-DAYS-without-noticed.html#ixzz3AIM5YepY
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Quoting got2monsters: How sad. I hope he gets the help he needs. Clearly this is not a typical situation calling for legal consequences, but for helpful Intervention. Imagine how bad home mustve been to make wearing diapers and sleeping on shelves more appealing. Heartbreaking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Hmm... I can't help but think someone with that kind of gumption and imagination is going to rule the world someday.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:45 PM
OH WOW where the heart is in real life. lol except nova lee was 17 and preg.
evelynolivesmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Exactly what I was thinking.

Quoting Anonymous: Hmm... I can't help but think someone with that kind of gumption and imagination is going to rule the world someday.

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Ok so I service 10 different wal marts id can't see them not knowing. In the stores I have been in this wouldn't be posdible
squeekers
by squeekers on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:52 PM
No security cameras on the main floors during the night?
jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:52 PM

I loved the book and movie.

Quoting Anonymous: OH WOW where the heart is in real life. lol except nova lee was 17 and preg.

ladyvamp5489
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:53 PM

I wonder WHY he felt he had to live ther and not at his home, this is just sad.

Kimicora
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:54 PM

most wal-marts are 24/7 now, they never close and there are secruity camera's, I have no idea how he got away with this, Our stores wouldn't stock enough stuff for him to get away with it.

Quoting squeekers: No security cameras on the main floors during the night?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)