Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SAHM question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 80 Replies

So I stay at home currently pregnant and with my 3 year old. Anyways so just getting opinions from other moms that stay at home.. Do you split chores and other stuff with your husband or not? Like do you have to do everything at home because he works all day 5 times a week?. I do have dinner for him after a long day of work and do my regular chores. But what I can't stand is him having a day off or two and taking it easy when I'm juggling everything from chores and food and keeping up with my little ones. I used to work and I know it's tiring but even while I used to do that I still had dinner ready and stayed up most of the night with my newborn at the time 

i really want to get other moms opinions in this because I'm about to lose my mind a little :I 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AvantGardener
by extremely humble on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:45 PM

He does dinner dishes and breakfast dishes on Sundays. He mows the lawn, he does his own laundry. I do everything else. That being said, I also make sure there is nothing to do on the weekends. I would be annoyed if he say on his ass and watched me clean.

MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
My dh is the same! Winds me up! Now I've started to take it easy those days too! If he relaxes! So do I. The house work will wait
aradams87
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:46 PM

When DH works I do everything around the house.  On his days off he helps with our DD and cooks.  Just because I'm home, doesn't mean I don't deserve a day off here and there too!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:47 PM
I do the majority of household chores. He does help with dinner dishes and taking out the trash. But I do most if it.
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:47 PM

No, I don't split up the chores. I do them all, just as a rule. That said, when my husband sees something that needs doing, that I might not have gotten to, he does it. He is a wonderful partner, really.

Dee0886
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:49 PM

I cook dinner and clean up but he'll do the dishes and take out the trash and on his days off he'll do what I ask him to (for the most part anyway). I wash and fold his laundry but he puts it away. I'm his wife, not his maid. Him having a paycheck doesn't mean he can't do anything around the house when it's needed. My work day doesn't end at 6 so why should his? It's his house and his kids too.

228mommy922
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:50 PM
My dh works on the road. So everything is on me except I make my brother do the outside work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:50 PM
When I was a SAHM - the house was clean and dinner was cooked by me every night cause I had plenty of time. He would give the kids a bath if he made it home in time. But if I went to the beach for the day and chores weren't done - it wasn't a big deal because the house was usually always pretty tidy.
BeachTavern
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

No, I don't split up the chores. I do them all, just as a rule. That said, when my husband sees something that needs doing, that I might not have gotten to, he does it. He is a wonderful partner, really.

KristaP13
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:52 PM

No, I do everything associated with house and yard work. 

There are alot of SAHM's who do split housework, but you have to find what works best for you and DH. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN